Picture Dial Pro [1.0] - [Updated 9/3/10]

Jason Calhoun

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
With Picture Dial Pro widget you can instantly SMS, Call & Email contacts right from your home screen. Simply Touch the SMS/Email/Ask Me icon to the right of your contact to launch that communication method.

pd_ss1_small.jpg
pd_ss2_small.jpg

Features Include:

* 2x4 Widget
* 2x2 Widget
* Touch contact to launch SMS, Email, Phone or "Ask Me"
* "Ask Me" feature allows multiple ways to reach a contact with only 1 touch
* Touch contact photo to view full info
* Set up custom contact names in place of default names
* 5 different themes
* Rounded contact pictures option
* Landscape compatible
* Separate contact lists for each widget

Setting up your favorite contacts

Touch the settings icon at the bottom to set up contacts

Installation:

Menu > Add > Widgets > Picture Dial

Scan the barcode with your Android phone to download:

pdpro.png

Last edited:

Jason Calhoun

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi Jason.
For my life I am unable to assign a phone number to a picture. In fact, I don't any settings for your widget.
I am using the Samsung Vibrant v.2.1.
Thanks! Z

Hi Z,

Touch the settings icon at the bottom center of the widget to access the widget configuration menu.

From there you can touch one of the available "Select Contact" options. You will now be able to choose a contact from your address book to display in that position. Once that is done, you will be able to checkmark which communication method you would like to use for that contact (Call, SMS, Email or "Ask Me"). Now click Save to have the widget remember your selections.

Your contact will now be displayed on the main widget screen just how you configured it. Touch the icon to the right of your contact's picture to launch the communication method that you previously set up in the configuration menu.

You are able to set up 4 contacts in the large widget an 2 contacts in the small widget (available only in Picture Dial Pro).

I hope I was able to answer your question!

Jason Calhoun

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Jason,
Would be really nice if the pictures could be saved as a wallpaper instead of the rigid blocks. A lot of users call a handful of numbers frequently, so could make a collage of their pics. Could then tap on their face to dial them.
Is this feasible ?

Hi Anuka,

Yes it can be done but it sounds like an entirely different app instead of another "theme" of Picture Dial.

Perhaps I can look into this as another widget option, like a 4x4 which uses the whole screen and can display a collage of your favorite contacts.

I'll see what I can do!

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply!
Jason I tried. I press on that settings icon at the bottom center of the widget and NOTHING happens. I use the Samsung Vibrant. What gives?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia