iSyncr doesn't update tags after update in iTunes

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
One of the quirky things I've noticed about iSyncr is that it doesn't seem to update album art or tags after they are copied to the phone. For example, I have a playlist with 10 songs on it synced to the phone.

I then update a few tags and a few album art images. I rerun iSyncr but it doesn't update the tags or album art.

Has anybody seen this behavior?

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
unfortunately i havent found any better options. i like isyncr, but the album art problems are horrible. i like it better than double twist though.

saywut

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have both ISyncr and double Twist. I havent really used either but i do like that Double Twist is a totally seperate program. It just seems cleaner.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
There are a couple of options.

1) For the album art problem you can download, install, and use a free app in the market called Album Art Grabber.
2) You can also use an alternate music player called MixZing, which has an album art grabber as one of its features.

Both of the above apps also have paid versions.

For the tags issue, iSyncr has an email address that you can submit bugs/feature requests too. See the bottom of this page, for more information.

While on the iSyncr website, I happened to notice they offer a WiFi sync plug-in now. I haven't tried it yet, but if you want to sync over WiFi it might be worth a shot.

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but I never closed it out and detailed the solution. Anyway, iTunes uses a built in database to keep track of tags. When you update tags in itunes they are supposed to go to both the file as well as the database. This doesn't always happen so when you update a tag in iTunes, then play that song outside of iTunes it could have the old tag information which was the issue with the tags not being in sync. They were in iTunes but not the song itself.

I used MediaMonkey to sync up all of the tags with itunes and the file itself then went back into iTunes to update the built in DB. I had to select on each song individually to get iTunes to see the new tags so I wrote a small script to scroll through each song (5500 or so)so iTunes could update its database. Once everything was synced up in the file as well as itunes I resynced using iSyncr...problem solved.

Coincidentally this was the same issue for the Album art. I had artwork stored in itunes but not in the song file so...Mediamonkey to the rescue again. Updated all of the album art that was missing or was out of sync then went back into itunes to clean it up.

Once everything was fixed iSyncr worked like a champ...and still does.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1