Twitter push notifications randomly stop working?

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody else randomly lose their Twitter notifications in their top status bar? It's gotten to the point where every two days I have to sign out of the Twitter app, clear cache and data, then sign in again and turn notifications on. Sometimes, I'll get one notification after that whole song and dance and then it quits again. Twitter support keeps sending me back emails with text that sounds like it was automatically selected from a knowledge base, and does nothing to solve this problem. Nothing I do to my sync data setting changes this, the push notifications seem not to have anything to do with the sync interval. I get my Facebook and Instagram notifications just fine.

I had no problem always getting Twitter notifications when I had a Blackberry, but for the last year or so I've been on Android. This started with my S3, sometime late last year, and it's constantly a problem with my S4.

Is there a solution to this? I tried Carbon and NEVER got ANY notifications from that, so I don't think the only problem is the quality of the client... I'd love to know that someone besides me is having this issue! or if the solution makes you think of some hidden setting that I should change...

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody else randomly lose their Twitter notifications in their top status bar? It's gotten to the point where every two days I have to sign out of the Twitter app, clear cache and data, then sign in again and turn notifications on. Sometimes, I'll get one notification after that whole song and dance and then it quits again. Twitter support keeps sending me back emails with text that sounds like it was automatically selected from a knowledge base, and does nothing to solve this problem. Nothing I do to my sync data setting changes this, the push notifications seem not to have anything to do with the sync interval. I get my Facebook and Instagram notifications just fine.

I had no problem always getting Twitter notifications when I had a Blackberry, but for the last year or so I've been on Android. This started with my S3, sometime late last year, and it's constantly a problem with my S4.

Is there a solution to this? I tried Carbon and NEVER got ANY notifications from that, so I don't think the only problem is the quality of the client... I'd love to know that someone besides me is having this issue! or if the solution makes you think of some hidden setting that I should change...
Same problem and there are others.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12