I am wondering if people are having the same issue i am with google voice as my voice mail app. My issue is voicemail sometimes appears much later after the call. For example my dad called last night and apparently left a message but i did not get it until today. Makes me wonder if i am missing messages completely. Anyone else have this?
    09-29-2010 10:52 AM
    Yes - same problem for me. Voice mail left by as a test is not showing up until the next day. Very frustrating!!

On another note - I have/had Google Voice installed on my Android EVO, but now, I cannot seem to find it in the list of apps on the phone. When I go to Market and see Google Voice listed, it says "installed" but I don't see it anywhere on the phone. Anybody else have this happen to them??
    09-29-2010 06:39 PM
    On another note - I have/had Google Voice installed on my Android EVO, but now, I cannot seem to find it in the list of apps on the phone. When I go to Market and see Google Voice listed, it says "installed" but I don't see it anywhere on the phone. Anybody else have this happen to them??
    It should be listed at the bottom but it's only called "Voice." The icon is a white voice bubble with a blue old school handset. If that's not there, not sure what's going on.

Either way, I have no idea why Google puts 'Google" in the name of some apps and leaves it off others. It can be a little confusing at times.
    09-29-2010 06:49 PM
    In the list of apps, it just shows up as Voice, instead of Google Voice.
    09-29-2010 06:50 PM
    No problem here. Voice mails arrive within seconds. (tested). Transcript arrived later as usual.
    09-29-2010 06:55 PM
    Yeah, transcripts will sometimes arrive much later for me. I can usually check the voice mail immediately, but the transcript can sometimes take a while.

Its usually a few minutes for me (sometimes up to 15 minutes). And never "the next day".
    09-29-2010 07:07 PM
    Interesting, hopefully the delayed notification of the voice message was just due to a lack of reception at the time. Thanks for the input all.
    09-30-2010 09:19 AM
    I've recently become aware that my phone isn't always ringing when someone calls my gVoice number. The only way I was able to tell was that I changed my settings to send me an email when I missed a call. I started getting quite a few of these emails - 3x in one day. It appears to be intermittent and hasn't happened for a few days.
    09-30-2010 12:14 PM
    I've recently become aware that my phone isn't always ringing when someone calls my gVoice number. The only way I was able to tell was that I changed my settings to send me an email when I missed a call. I started getting quite a few of these emails - 3x in one day. It appears to be intermittent and hasn't happened for a few days.
    Well be sure you check your settings on the GV web page too. It could be the phone was unchecked and became ineligible to receive calls.

Do you have more than one target phone it will try to connect to? I
    09-30-2010 01:43 PM
    Notification is instant on my but the 99.9999% of the time the transcript is not available.
    09-30-2010 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD