I recently installed a couple games from gameloft.com I noticed when I start up my music player, it 286 new songs by "unknown artist," and these are all the sound effects from my games. I don't use playlists much, and usually just hit play on the player and start playing songs. How do I tell Android not to look in whatever folders it's pulling these sound effect files from?
    09-29-2010 02:34 PM
    I am having the same problem with Let's Golf. I ended up just uninstalling Let's Golf and erasing all the music for the game off of the SD card. It was really annoying. If there is a way to fix this i will reinstall the game.
    09-29-2010 03:52 PM
    I couldn't set a music folder with the default HTC music app so I switched to Mixzing which does. There's a free version; give it a shot. Free comes with widgets, paid erases the (surprisingly) unobtrusive ads and gives a lockscreen widget.
    09-29-2010 06:27 PM
    Just use an app like Text Edit (or any old plain text editor on any system) to add a blank file named ".nomedia" to the folders where you installed those games. Really, the fact they didn't code the game to do that was laziness on their part. Between that and the fact that, for some reason, they don't want to put their games on the Market, makes me not want to bother with Gameloft.
    09-29-2010 07:02 PM
    Complain to the game manufacturer. They have no clue about where to store their sound effects.
    If they put them in a subdirectory of the /media folder they won't be found by the music player.
    09-29-2010 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD