Some Android Astronomy Apps

diastro

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I wish we have more short app reviews: fewer words, more screenshots, or even better - video reviews. So I looked at the market and picked a few cool apps related to Astronomy: what caught my attention was either some very good app graphics or innovative concept\features.
This list includes four apps:

AstroClock
The heart of this app is a smart widget: it shows you the position of the sun in a day, current moon phase and the season of the year. The author managed to put all of this info in a widget without any numbers. Design and graphics? You can compare it yourself with other apps.
http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/news_and_weather/astroclock_cfk.html

Free Lite version: Available
App Video: Not Available
Features\Concept: Good
Design\Graphics: Ok

AstroClock.png
AstroClock2.png

diastro

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Deluxe Moon
It is what it says: you will enjoy moon phases with all kind of bells and whistles: a widget, moon phase calendar, Zodiac circles, next moon phase dates, moon timers and its azimuth etc. Packed with features and great graphics, it is a good fusion of technology and style.
Deluxe Moon - Android

App Video: Available.
Design\Graphics: Excellent

dm_market1.png
dm_market6.png

dm_market3.png
dm_market2.png

diastro

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
TerraTime
The main feature of this app is a clock that shows you day and night on the dial. Essentially you will see rise & set times for the sun & moon. It is somewhat similar to AstroClock.
TerraTime - Android

Design\Graphics: Good

TerraTime1.png
TerraTime2.png

diastro

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Celeste SE
This is an augmented reality app: aim your device and see our planets superimposed on your camera view. Celeste SE (Italian for SkyBlue, cannot guess what SE stands for) has been on the market for a while, it is still a well designed application with a great concept. Celeste SE - Android

Features\Concept: Excellent

Celeste1.png

Celeste2.png

Celeste3.jpg

King Neptune117

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
hey dude very nice post i can see you put effort into it. Im an amateur astronomer, Ive got a celestron 130slt and have thoroughly enjoyed it. sometimes the best experiences come through my 12x50 nikon binoculars though! I wont be using these apps though, my google skymap gets what I want done.

bensig

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
App Video: On Vimeo and Youtube - search android planetoid app
Features\Concept: Excellent

I found this app which lets you look at things from another perspective... Helps an astronomer understand where the planets are around the sun and why we can or cannot see certain planets in the night sky.

very cool orrery app: check android market - planetoid

:-$

ss-480-1-0

ss-480-0-0

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol