Tengo Video Chat

Spunks3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As time goes on, more dev's are trying to improve the quality of video chat. Qik comes pre-installed on the EVO but only allows for android to android video chat. along came fring with promises of video chat between iphone and android over 3g or wi-fi. it's decent but still doesn't seem like the best alternative out there.

Stepping in next is Tengo Video chat. It is FREE in the market and works between Android/iPhone over 3g and wi-fi.

i have not gotten a chance to try it but a thread over at XDA shows pretty promising results. full screen with better quality than fring so that starts off as an automatic plus. it doesn't seem to have the feature that fring has to allow "add-on's" but for strictly video chat it seems decent. there is however a simple button to switch from front to back camera on the fly... over all it looks like a promising app and i can't wait to test it out. now its up to carriers to carry phones that offer front facing cameras.

anyway, hit the market and enjoy another Free video chat alternative.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I installed it, but found out that it does not allow the phone to sleep. I've uninstalled it until that is worked out. The feedback in the market though is positive on quality.

Peeler

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
This works much better than Fring or Qik on my Evo. Even when both Evo's were on 3G, the video and audio quality was amazing. The app does pop up from time to time on its own when I have something else opened though. I'm sure that will be fixed soon since it came out recently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781