Just giving a heads up to anybody interested. Palmary Weather app updated to 1.2 today with a gazillion different widget options. Okay... maybe not a gazillion, but a lot.

Not on the market anymore, but can be found here: Palmary Weather for Android - One of the most advanced weather application for Android
    markyflies likes this.
    09-30-2010 04:43 PM
    And why isn't it on the market?
    Lots of phones can't install from places like that.
    09-30-2010 05:34 PM
    I have no idea. I'm not the developer.
    09-30-2010 06:21 PM
    Just downloaded this app. It is AWESOME!! Love all the features. Well worth the 4.95.
    09-30-2010 10:14 PM
    It looks pretty nice! but $5 for weather?

the 2 main points for me is accuracy and does it refresh on unlock, rather then timed durations? Oh and can the background be remove from widgets?
    10-01-2010 08:13 AM
    It's fairly accurate. The temp forecast is slightly higher by a few degrees than what you get from NWS... at least, that's what I've noticed so far.

It refreshes on timed durations.

The widget background transparency is adjustable.
    10-03-2010 05:13 PM
    And why isn't it on the market?
    Lots of phones can't install from places like that.
    I second this motion.

And $5? For WEATHER?! I don't think so.

Call it $1, and we'll talk. And you'll probably get 10X the customers. More people are willing to take a chance on $1 than they are with $5.
    10-03-2010 11:01 PM
    I second this motion.

And $5? For WEATHER?! I don't think so.

Call it $1, and we'll talk. And you'll probably get 10X the customers. More people are willing to take a chance on $1 than they are with $5.
    That was kind of my point too, It's not that i wouldn't spend the $5 but i want to make sure its worth it. There are too many weather apps on the market that all do the same thing.
    10-04-2010 08:24 AM
    I just clicked the link to check out screen shots, and see that the price was lowered to $2.95.
    10-11-2010 02:33 PM
    Okay, I just downloaded it, and for weather geeks like me it is definitely worth $2.95. It has widgets (very cool widget switches between 5 day forecast, 24 hour forecast, and current conditions with a tap), and most important for my purposes, it has hourly forecasts with temperature and wind speed/direction. I come from BlackBerry and the very nice BerryWeather app. Palmary does not beat BerryWeather (IMO), but is a good substitute.
    10-11-2010 03:28 PM
    Ok, I picked it up and it does have some nice features, but so does WeatherBug and I paid for both, so now I'm figuring out which one is the best. Good news is, at $2.95 it's not that big of a deal.

I like how the widget is active and you can switch between the different information panels on the bottom of the widget. Also, the alerts are interactive on the widget. So some pretty nice features. Not in love with the maps, but that could be that I've not figured out how to zoom them (if they can). More on that later.

At this point, it's a toss up on each, so give it a shot and see, it's only $2.95 and if that amount keeps you from being cold or from getting wet one day, then it will have been money well spent. <BG>
    10-11-2010 04:17 PM
    I bought it and like it a lot. There are 2 things that I think it needs to compete with WeatherBug Elite...

1. Zommable (pinch to zoom) maps (it has great maps but you can't soom to get better detail of a isolated storm).

2. Temp should be available in the notification/status bar of the phone.

If you would like to see these things added, email them (from inside the app, menu>more>about and click the support email link). The more people that request it, the sooner we'll get it.

EDIT: Temp on the notification bar is available...menu>locations>long press on the desired location>enable status bar notification.
    10-12-2010 09:45 AM
    i bought it and refunded it for the time being, i was really missing a clock. Coming from using the HTC clock/weather, BW, weather and toggle, fancy widgets, i found mtself missing a clock.

i might give it another try. I am a sucker for weather apps.
    10-12-2010 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD