facebook app. added functionality?

Fitz39

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
im new to android and I'm realizing the facebook app blows.. there really should be an update.. the app is very limited in functionality.... what do the forums think needs to be added?

murso74

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
you might have the old version... go to the market and see if there's an update for you. the newer version is better then the old one... but still not quite as good as it should be

Fitz39

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Wat exactly makes it " blow" in your opinion?

lack of notification alerts, ui is asthetically unapealing, it redirectsv vto the mobile facebook webpage far too often, to view any notificaton it goes to the webpage... if I wanted the webpage I would of opened fb in the browser. the homepage won't go landscape.. maybe usng the word blow was a littl stong... but can u agree that there is imediate room for improvement?

Fitz39

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
you might have the old version... go to the market and see if there's an update for you. the newer version is better then the old one... but still not quite as good as it should be

I have the newest version 1.3.2... is I?t just me or did the update cause the widget to no longer work properly?

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
lack of notification alerts, ui is asthetically unapealing, it redirectsv vto the mobile facebook webpage far too often, to view any notificaton it goes to the webpage... if I wanted the webpage I would of opened fb in the browser. the homepage won't go landscape.. maybe usng the word blow was a littl stong... but can u agree that there is imediate room for improvement?

exactly :)

you would think for the #1 social network they would have top notch apps, or at least have a better API so other 3rd parties could make better apps. Closest one so far was Bloo.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
you would think for the #1 social network they would have top notch apps
I agree but it's not unique to Facebook by any means. I use Yelp a lot and the Yelp app, despite the additions they've made it it recently, seems to be missing basic features such as the filters that are available on the full site plus sorting by rating, etc. That's not an excuse for Facebook by any means but running a good site doesn't automatically mean that the site has a good app.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
exactly :)

you would think for the #1 social network they would have top notch apps, or at least have a better API so other 3rd parties could make better apps. Closest one so far was Bloo.

Yeah, and even Bloo sucks (worse than the native app). Although chat and notifications work with Bloo, which is nice.

Wish they'd push out a better app though. The iPhone one works fine and has additional things like chat. AFAIK, anyways. Seems like they'd be pushing out a better Android App.

Really, the best "app" is actually using touch.facebook.com. It works pretty well for everything.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think Bloo does a fair job but has it quirks...mainly since Fb won't update its API for developers. Even the iphone version took 2 years of updates and 2 different developers to get it where it is today.