I've read all these posts regarding backing up. I've tried several back up programs but my question is, I know it backs up the app but do the programs back up the actual data within the program? I.E. a OI Shopper, I have a shopping list that I have scanned the barcodes for the list. I don't want to have to do that all over again if I don't have to. Or Snapshop which is a book list that you scan bar codes and it keeps the list.
    Will it back up the lists as well and will it restore them when I do the restore.
    If the answer is yes, which programs do this?
    Thanks for your time,
    Nancy
    10-01-2010 11:34 AM
    If you are rooted, Titanium Backup does it. Sprite Backup is suppose to; however, the one time I needed it to do so, it failed.
    10-01-2010 11:53 AM
    I've read all these posts regarding backing up. I've tried several back up programs but my question is, I know it backs up the app but do the programs back up the actual data within the program? I.E. a OI Shopper, I have a shopping list that I have scanned the barcodes for the list. I don't want to have to do that all over again if I don't have to. Or Snapshop which is a book list that you scan bar codes and it keeps the list.
    Will it back up the lists as well and will it restore them when I do the restore.
    If the answer is yes, which programs do this?
    Thanks for your time,
    Nancy

I am unsure but most data like that is usually set to save that information on sd card so if you reset the device the app will still pull up the information after app is opened again, you usually can look for a folder under sd card that will reference to the app but if unsure you can send a email to developer and they can verify this info. I use MyBackup and so far I haven't lost any data when I hard reset but I do not know if its because data is backed up or stored on card.

Also most apps now allow the options to backup their configuration data inside the app, try checking menu options and see if you can backup or export this information.
    10-02-2010 12:33 PM
    Titanium will backup all data and apps including email messages.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-02-2010 04:55 PM
    Will Titanium also backup game data? I'd hate to have to play through the Angry Birds beta or Mini Squadron for a third time if I have to get another replacement phone.
    10-13-2010 10:30 AM
    yes it will. I just switched to a new rom and was afraid that I had lost my 3 stars in all levels in Angry Birds. Titanium Backup restored the data just perfectly, same with all of my other games too.
    deercreek likes this.
    10-13-2010 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD