I have bought a Motorola Droid that will be delivered this week. I'm looking forward to using it.

Is there a native application to Evernote (evernote.com)? I know that there is the mobile web, but I'm looking for the best access to their site.

And do you have a recommendation for a Bible reading program? Or a program that offers further Bible resources? Translations?
    12-07-2009 08:03 AM
    AcroBible Lite is great! It's the full Old and New Testaments KJV. The UI is excellent and it's just an all around great mobile offline Bible experience.
    12-07-2009 08:23 AM
    I have bought a Motorola Droid that will be delivered this week. I'm looking forward to using it.

Is there a native application to Evernote (evernote.com)? I know that there is the mobile web, but I'm looking for the best access to their site.

And do you have a recommendation for a Bible reading program? Or a program that offers further Bible resources? Translations?
    http://s.evernote.com/androidbeta

I've been using it since I got my Droid a month ago and have had no problems with it. In fact, I delayed ordering my Droid until I was sure Evernote had an Android app. I use it all the time.
    12-07-2009 09:01 AM
    The Bible app I'm using is simply called "Bible" and it's done by LifeChurch.tv. It has literally dozens of different versions, a daily reading, the ability to bookmark passages, and many other things. I just recently downloaded it so don't have much experience to go off of yet, but have no complaints so far. Very easy to use. And free.
    12-07-2009 09:33 AM
    I've been using Cadre Bible. I'm a former Mantis user from the iPhone, and Cadre was the closest to it. I like it because it puts in the greek next to certain words like "word" "scripture" and "love", so you get a better more accurate connotation out of it.

Thanks for the other posters though, I'm gonna have to give those a try. I saw that Marketplace is up to 15k apps now, surely there are some new Bible apps
    12-11-2009 06:11 PM
    Yeah, grab the Evernote beta at the link listed above. I have been encouraged by the number of times I have opened the app only to find an update waiting. For example, any picture that you take on the Droid, as well as any file created can be sent from the standard 'send' options as Evernote is a system send option after install. It is still not as complete as the iPod Touch version, but it is getting there quickly.
    12-11-2009 06:39 PM
    Yeah, grab the Evernote beta at the link listed above. I have been encouraged by the number of times I have opened the app only to find an update waiting. For example, any picture that you take on the Droid, as well as any file created can be sent from the standard 'send' options as Evernote is a system send option after install. It is still not as complete as the iPod Touch version, but it is getting there quickly.
    I agree. It went to RC 1 yesterday, which at the pace they're developing the app could mean the final release by the end of the year. The app is already polished and stable. No problems.

And, Evernote on the web and desktop is mature, stable and very powerful. I'm a premium user and it's the best $60 I've spent in a while.
    12-11-2009 06:58 PM
    I've been using Cadre Bible. I'm a former Mantis user from the iPhone, and Cadre was the closest to it. I like it because it puts in the greek next to certain words like "word" "scripture" and "love", so you get a better more accurate connotation out of it.

Thanks for the other posters though, I'm gonna have to give those a try. I saw that Marketplace is up to 15k apps now, surely there are some new Bible apps
    Does Cadre Bible place a copy of the Bible on your SD card, or is a connection required? I downloaded the LifeChurch.tv app, but it sometimes loses connection and doesn't complete the search. The multiple version capacity is nice, though. But it is also a slow process to select a verse. I would like to type in a book, chapter, verse and go direct rather than scroll through a long list of each.
    12-12-2009 08:50 AM
    http://s.evernote.com/androidbeta

I've been using it since I got my Droid a month ago and have had no problems with it. In fact, I delayed ordering my Droid until I was sure Evernote had an Android app. I use it all the time.
    Thanks for this link. I downloaded it and have been enjoying having access from my phone. I'm getting used to the whole Evernote way of recording ideas and information. I haven't tried the camera yet. Still getting used to my new Droid. It is nice.
    12-12-2009 08:53 AM
    Does Cadre Bible place a copy of the Bible on your SD card, or is a connection required? I downloaded the LifeChurch.tv app, but it sometimes loses connection and doesn't complete the search. The multiple version capacity is nice, though. But it is also a slow process to select a verse. I would like to type in a book, chapter, verse and go direct rather than scroll through a long list of each.
    Cadre does dl to the SD card. Its an offline app entirely. They have quite a few translations to choose from too.
    12-12-2009 10:04 AM
    Thank you for the Evernote link.

I use the same Bible I used on my Winmo with OliveReader, as the Bibles and books I purchased transferred over to my Droid Eris. Nice offline Bible.
    12-15-2009 12:32 PM
    Will Evernote sync with Google. I've tried gTasks which will sync with the calendar but its very bare bones, with no alams, contact or tags..
    12-16-2009 11:33 AM
    Will Evernote sync with Google. I've tried gTasks which will sync with the calendar but its very bare bones, with no alams, contact or tags..
    Not that I know of. Evernote syncs only with Evernote.
    12-17-2009 05:35 AM
    What's the difference between Evernote and Dropbox? Some of my iPhone and Blackberry owning friends have mentioned Dropbox and spoken highly of it.
    12-17-2009 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD