Google Maps & Screen timeout

shovelheadhd

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get google maps to keep the screen from timing out while the gps is locked on. I have been using google maps with latitude for a while now on blackberries and I am used to the screen staying on when the app is launched.

The reason I am asking is that when the screen times out the gps lock goes to cell tower triangulation. I hate having to go into options and adjusting the screen timeout to never time out only to have to change it back when I have reached my destination.

Any ideas would be a huge help!

hookbill

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get google maps to keep the screen from timing out while the gps is locked on. I have been using google maps with latitude for a while. now on blackberries and I am used to the screen staying on when the app is launched.

The reason I am asking is that when the screen times out the gps lock goes to cell tower triangulation. I hate having to go into options and adjusting the screen timeout to never time out only to have to change it back when I have reached my destination.

options/sound and display/screen time out. Set it so it doesn't.

shovelheadhd

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I have been using that method so far and it works good but if I forget to set the screen to timeout again I'm afraid I will use up my battery at work when my phone is in my pocket. Many times today I would check my phone and it would be on the unlock screen in my pocket b/c the keyboard would be slid open slightly.

R

Roy Aguilera

Has anyone figured out how to get google maps to keep the screen from timing out while the gps is locked on. I have been using google maps with latitude for a while now on blackberries and I am used to the screen staying on when the app is launched.

A car dock would eliminate this issue.

xyvyx

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I've got the car dock and with the screen timeout set to one minute... having it docked changes nothing. Driving along with it to the first time, I got pretty annoyed at having to change the setting.

Dumb...

if anybody knows a workaround, or a simple tweak/app that can change this behavior, let us know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech