IFTTT: Bug or something to worry about?

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I posted this on Google+ but figured I'd ask here as well. I'm just going to copy, paste, and remove the hashtags...

I'm sure that this is simply a false positive notification. But figured I'd see if anyone else noticed anything like this. I installed the Android app for IFTTT when it came out and added it to Pebble Notifier yesterday. I just took a couple pictures using the Google camera app and noticed that I got an IFTTT notification on my Pebble telling me that a photo is uploading. I have no recipes setup for uploading newly taken photos anywhere. The only thing close to such behavior is that I have a recipe set to auto-upload screenshots to a specific folder in my Drive account. The camera photos that I got notified for though are not in that folder. Anyone else notice anything similar?

IMG_20140501_164726.jpg

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Has no one else noticed this? Any IFTTT users with a Pebble want to test out the same setup? I've also found through testing that it will only process the uploads (or at least pretend to) when connected to WiFi. So if I'm out somewhere and take five pictures, my Pebble immediately starts notifying me once I'm back home and connected to my WiFi. And again, I have no recipes for this behavior.

I also reported this to IFTTT support who have yet to reply.

pancakeshuh

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed this behaviour as well however my setup differs slightly as I have no Pebble.

It's not restricted to photos for me; Images downloaded from the browser trigger this as well.
I also have a recipe to add screenshots to my Google drive and this appears to be the problem. I deactivated it a few days ago when I found this thread and have not noticed any uploads since, or I have not gotten any notification of it.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this behaviour as well however my setup differs slightly as I have no Pebble.

It's not restricted to photos for me; Images downloaded from the browser trigger this as well.
I also have a recipe to add screenshots to my Google drive and this appears to be the problem. I deactivated it a few days ago when I found this thread and have not noticed any uploads since, or I have not gotten any notification of it.

Thanks for the info. And yeah, I noticed it happening when saving photos from Chrome as well. Figured it's just a bug. I wish IFTTT would reply to my email with acknowledgement though out of courtesy.