SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Downloading now, if this finally works I'm gonna be very happy. Like Tychus Findlay would've said... Hell, it's about time.

Goldwinger

May 8, 2010
Visit site
About time working great on Droid x now all I need is netflix

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'll have to take a look, but my question would be, is it any better than SlideIT?

I tried the beta version that came on my DX and then found SlideIT. I like SI because of the ease of going to a single tap and then back to a slide type.

Just curious, especially since we may be seeing BlindType soon. :eek:

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It's working great. I've yet to try calling, but I'm sure that'll work just fine as well. One problem: The app is close to 10MB in size and there's no A2SD. Needs fixing ASAP.

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a Dinc from Verizon so now I have Skype (Wifi) and Skype Mobile (3G), which is nice, but I wonder why they can't just merge the two.

Question: Has anyone built a plugin (or whatever) to to Link your Skype contacts together with HTC Sense's "People" app? That would be sweet.

ilyaamex

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Well finally.

Hmmm 10 mb and no option to move to SD. Still no video calls. And regular calls only over wifi? Wtf is this, skype? Enough of your political games, make a real app

Last edited:
Reactions: acedanger

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Question: Has anyone built a plugin (or whatever) to to Link your Skype contacts together with HTC Sense's "People" app? That would be sweet.
I haven't tried it myself, but the option at the bottom in Settings lets you sync with what the app calls "Android Contacts". Might be the same thing, might not be. ;)

I have to say though, I'm quite pleased. It sure took a while, but the app is stylish, fast and it's not a noticeable drain on the battery (Nimbuzz uses quite a bit of battery at times). Once they get A2SD and video calling in there, we're all set. Even though I don't have a forward facing camera. xD

Reactions: technomom

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the beta for quite awhile (which really only did chat), and this app is a huge improvement. Much much much faster at everything.

Chat still works over 3G...just can't make calls except on wifi. And of course no video calls, which is what I really want **sigh**

So still no option for video calls from phone to PC, right?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the chat on the app syncs with the app on your desktop? In other words, if a chat starts on your desktop, is the chat updated on your device? That's one thing I really dislike about Google Talk.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the chat on the app syncs with the app on your desktop? In other words, if a chat starts on your desktop, is the chat updated on your device? That's one thing I really dislike about Google Talk.

Yep. I'm signed into skype on both my laptop on my phone, and the conversations are syncing up (showing up on both).

Seems to be working fine.

Reactions: whitenack

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Yep. I'm signed into skype on both my laptop on my phone, and the conversations are syncing up (showing up on both).

Seems to be working fine.

YESSSS!!! Awesome! Also, I see on the Skype Market page it says skype to skype calls are available for 3G or wifi, but Phil says wifi only? What gives?

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
No, it's WiFi only in the US. Which is a problem with the US's substandard mobile phone grids, not the Skype app. Or perhaps it's a limitation Skype have been forced to implement so companies like Verizon can make more money somehow, even though that doesn't make sense. Either way, it's only in the US. I can call just fine over 3G.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Well finally.

Hmmm 10 mb and no option to move to SD. Still no video calls. And regular calls only over wifi? Wtf is this, skype? Enough of your political games, make a real app

Exactly this. I won't even bother to download this crippleware until Skype comes out with real video calls over Android.

Reactions: ilyaamex

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
kind of sucks that now we have to have two separate skype apps on verizon. the one that lets you have 3g calls and now this one that lets you have wifi. talk about cumbersome...

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and previously you could ONLY make Skype calls over 3G. WiFi was a no-go. That was a big pain when I was travelling abroad. WiFi calling would have been very handy.

So now everyone else in the US can do the opposite, right? ONLY WiFi calling, but no 3G calling?

If I update to the market version of Skype, can I do both on Verizon?

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
My understanding BSG75, is that you will have two separate apps. One that works over your 3G verizon plan and one that works thru WIFI only. Kinda weird that they were not just combined to have one app but ...At least we can now skype over wifi.

And just to be clear, does this new wifi version work just like any skype account over wifi. So when I am abroad, I can skype over wifi just like i can on my laptop with my existing account?

Reactions: BSG75