PDANet not working with 2.2

buddycuffs

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm on a Droid X

Whenever I connect my phone to my computer via USB and turn on PDANet (on my phone) it tells me to start it on my desktop. So I right click the icon in the tray and click Connect but then it says that I have to start it on my phone even though it's already on.

I didn't have this problem until I got 2.2 so I'm thinking something got messed up after that.

Anyone know of any fixes for this?
I have the most recent version of the software.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Try EasyTether. At least see if it works for you.
EasyTether Lite - Android app on AppBrain
chart

buddycuffs

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I already tried getting easytether but I can't get the installer to work on my computer. I download the 64 bit version (I have a 64bit machine) and it installs something but it doesn't show up in my programs folder so I can't launch it. :\

EDIT: Nevermind - realized I had only installed the driver and not the program. Easy Tether worked so I figured I'd uninstall then reinstall PDANet and that worked too. I guess the problem somehow fixed itself.

Thanks for the help! :)

Last edited:

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You have other problems then. I run Easytether on my W7 64 bit laptop just fine. I never had any problems with it.

You may be in need of a rebuild. If the computer was in front of me I am sure I could fix it but that may be an easy option for you.

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've successfully set up PDANet on my Desktop running Windows XP, P4 processor, and my laptop, 64-bit Centrino 2 running Windows 7 to work with my Droid X on 2.2. I'm actually posting using the connection right now. One thing that kept throwing it last night is that I had to put it into 'USB Mass Storage Mode', and made sure 'USB debugging' was turned on. It's been smooth sailing, and its ridic fast, way better than I expected.

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've successfully set up PDANet on my Desktop running Windows XP, P4 processor, and my laptop, 64-bit Centrino 2 running Windows 7 to work with my Droid X on 2.2. I'm actually posting using the connection right now. One thing that kept throwing it last night is that I had to put it into 'USB Mass Storage Mode', and made sure 'USB debugging' was turned on. It's been smooth sailing, and its ridic fast, way better than I expected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze