I am running Trillian 1.0 Build 117 on my Droid 1. It has the option to utilize Google's C2DM which I believe is the ability for you to "Suspend" the app which makes the app utilize very little CPU and battery, and when you recieve instant messages, you should be getting theose messages pushed to your Gmail account.

I believe Beejive IM is also utilizing this ability, it is Froyo 2.2 only.

I can not get this to work in Trillian. I have "Extend battery life" checked as well as "C2DM push" mode checked. I "Suspend" Trillian, and I do not receive any messages pushed to me. Instead when I re-launch Trillian, all my IM's are waiting for me, but only after I logged in.

I feel like the pushed email alerts would be highly useful for battery. I am wondering if I should jump to Beejive (although it's $10) and try it there.

Does this work? If it's working for you, how did you pull it off?
    10-06-2010 08:23 AM
    You should ask the people on the Trillian forums and/or file a defect with them. It might be a real bug!

But no, I don't know how to fix it.
    10-06-2010 08:27 AM
    Does your Droid1 have Android 2.2 on it?

Here's a list of requirements for C2DM to work:
    Android Developers Blog: Android Cloud To Device Messaging
    10-06-2010 09:39 AM
    I have an Evo with 2.2 and push notifications didn't seem to work in trillian, unless there is another issue with the program that is causing severe battery drain.... Since switching to beejive with push my battery life has been unaffected even with running beejive 24/7.
    10-08-2010 11:16 AM
    uncheck battery save mode... it states polls slow and may cause delays in getting replies.

also where do you see a "push" option?? i thought it was just automatic if notifications were checked.
    10-08-2010 12:49 PM
    This is one of the main reasons I want 2.2. Push rocks!
    10-08-2010 02:21 PM
    I thought battery saving mode was what enabled push in Trillian.
    10-09-2010 08:44 AM