View Poll Results: Which Keyboard are you using?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Swype (registered beta user)

13 12.50%
  • Swype (pre-installed)

24 23.08%
  • Swype (you found the apk)

8 7.69%
  • Ultra Keyboard

5 4.81%
  • Smart Keyboard Pro

10 9.62%
  • Better Keyboard

2 1.92%
  • SwiftKey

20 19.23%
  • SlideIT

3 2.88%
  • Stock

13 12.50%
  • Other

6 5.77%
10-11-2010 01:52 PM
34 12
tools
    Glad to see my favorite app is winning! I'm using SwiftKey. I use Swype sometimes if I'm in the mood- as most of you know Swype came with the Fascinate. SwiftKey is the only one I downloaded but I love it.
    10-08-2010 08:56 AM
    I used SlideIt and I had way too many errors and the ease of the "swiping" action made it easier for me to send stuff without reading it first. I like Swiftkey because it is really predictive and I actually pay attention to what I am typing. It is fairly fast and very accurate, as opposed to SlideIt, which was very fast and not as accurate as I would like.

I am interested to try Swype though, but the apk I tried to install didn't work, so I'm just going to wait until beta opens up again.

On a slightly unrelated note, can't wait to Angry Birds to come out of beta!!!
    10-08-2010 09:00 AM
    Keyboards are a personal thing and personally, I use multiple keyboards depending on my mood.

Right now I'm using the released Swipe, but I also use Swiftkey, SlideIT, and Big Buttons Deluxe. All have certain features that I like, so instead of settling for one or the other, I settled for all of them and purchased each if that option was available.

I think the mere fact that there are so many different keyboards would indicate there is no one size fits all when it comes to keyboards and actually, no one keyboard will do everything exactly the way you want, so you'll need to use more than one keyboard.

Swipe and SlideIT are great for email and long notes with lots of input. Swiftkey is great overall, but is best for single key input and predictive opportunities. Big Buttons is great for texting (IMO).

Can you limit yourself to just one, well of course you can. Should you limit yourself to just one, NO, we have choice, so use it. Android is built so that you can switch in just about every case on the fly, so why not do it.

I think the poll should have allowed for more than one choice. It would have better represented what is actually happening in the wild.
    10-08-2010 10:20 AM
    i use smart, i also like ultra, but it seems to take up too much of the screen.
    10-08-2010 10:21 AM
    Handy Keyboard?????

I'll give it a shot. Doesn't need a trial, you've got 24 hours. I should know before then if I like it. Good idea and could find a place in my arsenal of keyboards.

Thanks for the heads up.
    10-08-2010 10:27 AM
    Handy Keyboard?????

I'll give it a shot. Doesn't need a trial, you've got 24 hours. I should know before then if I like it. Good idea and could find a place in my arsenal of keyboards.

Thanks for the heads up.
    ****Update****

Ok, tried it out and it works just fine, however, other than the top row of numbers keys, there's nothing else that compels me to keep it on the phone. It's decent, has nice feel, but just not doing it for me. If I was to rate it on it's merits, then it would get a 4 star rating. If I was to rate it against the other keyboards I use, then it would probably get just an average rating.

Good keyboard, but doesn't have enough to make me pay for it when my DX comes with Swipe and the Multi-touch keyboards standard.

Thanks for the effort and keep working on it, there is good potential in it and with some additional features and tweaks could wind up a solid winner.

To anyone who would be thinking about trying it, please do, it's a nice keyboard and the top row of numbers does make it easy. If you're not satisfied with the other keyboards, this one may be what you're looking for. Remember, keyboards are personal, so give it a try, there's no harm in doing so.
    10-08-2010 10:43 AM
    Loving Ultra...developer is great!
    10-11-2010 01:21 PM
    Using Ultra (today's theme is blue), and am very happy.

Currently running latest version of Virtuous ROM, Launcher Pro Plus and no additional themes.
    10-11-2010 01:50 PM
    I have to get me some ultra themes.
    10-11-2010 01:52 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD