CT Scheduler Review

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
CT Scheduler is one of those apps that I always compare to HD or even Tivo. Weird analogy I know but bear with me. Before there was Tivo, you recorded programs on a VHS tape to watch later on.
It became tedious and even using the special VCR codes for programs it never recorded the right times.
Tivo comes along and makes life so much easier. Same goes for HD. It's not missed until you watch a hockey game and you see the printing on the puck as it's traveling towards the net at 90 mph.

Anyhow, now that I made my bad analogy, onto the software itself.
CT Scheduler has been around for years. When I was on wm with my moto q9m, this app was great. I went to BB for a year and didn't realize how much I missed it. Sure there were other apps but none that approached what CT Scheduler did, at least not all inclusive.

You can have schedules for BT on/ off, wifi on/off, schedule sound profile changes, etc. Heck, you can even have it send an sms or even an email now at a given time.

It may seem impersonal, but have a friend's birthday coming up and you are going to be in a meeting, etc.? Have it automatically send a message. Have an important message you want to send someone first thing in the morning? Instead of setting a reminder to create the email, have it already created while it's still fresh in your head and have it go out at the time you want. (Don't worry, if it doesn't send it, you get a pop up message).

To configure some other settings like rebooting the phone requires rooting, but I refuse to root :).
Why am I so high on an app that does these things that a simple click of a widget does? Because it's automatic. At night when I go to bed, wifi is on, phone goes to silent and battery life is spared.

Mind you the one drawback I have found is if you want multiple tasks to start say at 7 am, make them start at 7:01, 7:02, etc. so not everything tries to run at the same time.

The software has been in private beta since April and now is available as public beta in the Android Market and for free. You owe it to yourself to give it a shot.

CT Scheduler - Android app on AppBrain

buythismobile

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Daily Reboot, CT SCHEDULER doesn't work anymore on NEXUS ONE

Daily Reboot, CT SCHEDULER doesn't work anymore on NEXUS ONE

Hello,

I also would like to do some tasks daily, as REBOOT, stop WIFI when sleeping, etc...

I was using CT SCHEDULER but it now doesn't work anymore on my NEXUS ONE, what about on your phone ?

Which other application do you use to Reboot and do other taks everyday automatically ?

Thanks for help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969