I use Google Chrome on my computer, so I'm new to FireFox, but I love the potential it brings to Android. It seems like it could be faster than the stock browser by the final version. But I have a few questions:

1. I know there is the small circle for the loading progress of the webpage, but is there any add-ons for a full loading progress bar? Like the stock browser, so you can see how much is left loading and then when it's finished loading?

2. This might be because I am a new user, but is there any way to sort of change the way the side bars interact with the way you use the browser? Because when swiping the webpage to the left or right, they some times get in the way. Like only have them come up on the sides when you hit the menu button on the phone? Something along those lines...maybe that's not possible, but I was just wondering.

3. And does the newly released beta version include nightly builds?

Awesome work so far! Can't wait for more updates!
    10-08-2010 10:28 AM
    1. I don't know of any add-on for changing the loading indicator to a progress bar, sorry. I expect someone will write one eventually.

2. Sorry, for now at least I think you just have to see if you get used to it. We do have some ideas for making it harder to open the sidebars by accident - for example, we might change it so that momentum scrolling stops at the edge of the page, instead of opening the sidebar.

3. For nightly builds, go to: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Platforms/Android (note: you need to uninstall the beta in order to switch to nightly builds)
    10-08-2010 01:44 PM
    1. I don't know of any add-on for changing the loading indicator to a progress bar, sorry. I expect someone will write one eventually.

2. Sorry, for now at least I think you just have to see if you get used to it. We do have some ideas for making it harder to open the sidebars by accident - for example, we might change it so that momentum scrolling stops at the edge of the page, instead of opening the sidebar.

3. For nightly builds, go to: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Platforms/Android (note: you need to uninstall the beta in order to switch to nightly builds)
    Okay, that is fine. I'll continue to look around for them. Thanks. Hmmm, the momentum scrolling would be helpful! Do you think you'll be implementing that for sure? Or it's just an idea being thrown around?

And thanks! I'll have to check it out!
    10-08-2010 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD