Password protect the lock screen?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
What's a good app to password protect the lock screen? With these smart phones, they hold so much personal information, it'd be way too easy for someone to take advantage of things if my phone were misplaced.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know there are currently no apps to password protect the phone. Try a search in the market and see what you find. I looked once but then again I wasn't looking too hard =/

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
so the zany connect the dots lock is too simplistic?

just for the purpose of protecting information, if you can remember some crazy intricate pattern, it should provide enough protection.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
so the zany connect the dots lock is too simplistic?

just for the purpose of protecting information, if you can remember some crazy intricate pattern, it should provide enough protection.

And use free tools to turn the pattern off at home and on while away.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for mentioning the connect the dots -- I had missed that part in the settings. That's all I was really looking for.

Last edited:

Kamadev

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there's anything else besides the Dots?

I'm not really a fan of the freaking pattern lock and would like to use a regular password or pin lock

bnob99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Do you not have option in security settings to set a pin or password for lock screen? I have those along with the pattern lock in my settings.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

chef garry

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
on a connected note, if my lock screen is protected, is there a way to put contact info there so someone can call me if they find my lost phone?

bnob99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
What's a good app to password protect the lock screen? With these smart phones, they hold so much personal information, it'd be way too easy for someone to take advantage of things if my phone were misplaced.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

I would also recommend checking out watchdroid. It's an application that allows you to track your phone, remote wipe the phone/sd card, lock it and so much more with simple sms commands. If your phone is stolen or lost, just send sms to it with your secret commands and it will take care of the rest. I like this one over other competitors because it's a one time fee whereas, others charge per month. Testing that I have done with it has been reliable as well.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Is there's anything else besides the Dots?

I'm not really a fan of the freaking pattern lock and would like to use a regular password or pin lock

To add or change the lock type (None, Pattern, PIN, Password):
Settings -> Security -> Setup/Change screen lock

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7