Viber SMS

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
So I have deselected the use Viber as SMS option in settings but I will still get pop ups when another Viber user text messages me even if I use stock Android messaging to send the original text. My mom lives out of the country and this is how we talk so I'd really rather not have to delete it.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
So I have deselected the use Viber as SMS option in settings but I will still get pop ups when another Viber user text messages me even if I use stock Android messaging to send the original text. My mom lives out of the country and this is how we talk so I'd really rather not have to delete it.

And what is your question?

You are aware that texting (SMS) and MMS messages are always sent via mobile networks ? even if you're connected to the internet via WiFi ? and are consequently by far the slowest and most expensive way to communicate? And that IM (Instant Messaging, like Viber, Tango, LINE, Kik, etc.) ? which is via the internet ? is free of charge?
Of course for IM both the sending and receiving device need to have the appropriate app installed.

ViberTeam

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Mandi,

First of all, please make sure that you are using the latest version of Viber. You can get the latest version here:https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.viber.voip&hl=en&token=cm1sMTU4

Additionally, please double check that the Free reply with Viber option is, in fact, disabled.

If your Viber is up to date and the option is disabled, we will need to gather more information from you in order to figure out what's going on. Please open a support ticket at this link: Viber | Open a Ticket

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol