I hear so much about Swype, swype this swype that... I use Ultra Keyboard and while some people know about it, it seems the hype is all about swype!

I just want to let you guys know about the amazing app. Please check it out in the market and give it a test drive. I did, and I was blown away. I love the tracing technology. Not laggy at all, sometimes too responsive but everything can be edited!

Handy features
    1. Tool bar
    2. can move pop-up suggestion box to top of screen
    3. Tracing technology (swipe technology, like Samsung)
    4. Fully customizable color themes
    5. Key height adjustment
    6. Add remove number pad and direction arrows

Guys, seriously this keyboard is amazing on my Evo. I've been in contact with the dev and he is rolling out some great updates. I'm going to get in touch with him about adding prediction technology.

Enjoi.
    10-10-2010 06:16 AM
    Moved thread to applications for further discussion.

Later,
    Dave
    10-10-2010 08:07 AM
    This has potential but swype is more refined at the moment.
    10-10-2010 10:27 AM
    Yup, loving ultra keyboard, bought the full version - it's not even 3$.

Swiping text prediction could use some More work, but overall very satisfied. Easy to switch between languages Too, and always impresses when someone sees me typing haha.
    10-10-2010 11:43 AM
    I tried Ultra Keyboard and bough the full version after 10 minutes of playing with the trial. This keyboard has an excellent T9 type dictionary, it is just like typing on a Blackberry Pearl with Suretype. If you know how to do that, you will love Ultra Keyboard. If not, it may take some getting used to.
    Another cool feature (which you can turn on or off while typing right from the keyboard screen) is that you can use the camera as the background to the keyboard and text field. That way if you are walking and texting you can "see through" the phone. This is awesome!
    10-11-2010 05:24 AM
    Likeitalot wish it had next word prediction like Swiftkey
    10-12-2010 07:25 PM
    wow, i almost passed this off as an average keyboard but after playing with it its like a a cross between swype and smartkeyboard. Glad i looked into the qptions. Thanks for sharing!
    10-13-2010 08:32 AM
    I bought it a few days ago....This app is off the hook...I told the developer if it was named swype it wouldn't even be a contest.
    Takes up too much realestate for me but I can live with it.
    I had started a poll on keyboards because with swype beta's expiring for evo users I was curious to what others were using.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...yboards-4.html
    10-13-2010 10:19 AM
    the bb pearl style wasn't for me but the full keyboard is awesome and it "catches" my words alot better than stock or swift, rarely have to backspace with this one, going to buy.
    10-13-2010 11:57 AM
    Been a swyper user since January and this may be my replacement, especially not having access to the full version of Swype like the X or GalaxyS phones. I wish they would incorporate some of the Swype features, like some punctuation issues and caps lock by going over the keyboard but so far so good!
    10-13-2010 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD