Best Sports Apps/Websites?

anon(8730639)

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't have like to watch TV anymore, since video streaming from a computer or mobile device is much more convenient. However, I'd like to keep up with sports after getting rid of cable. Specifically, the sports I'd like to keep up with are basketball and soccer/football. What apps or websites are good for getting sports news, scores, reminders when games come on, watching content and recaps of games, and most importantly, watching matches themselves?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have like to watch TV anymore, since video streaming from a computer or mobile device is much more convenient. However, I'd like to keep up with sports after getting rid of cable. Specifically, the sports I'd like to keep up with are basketball and soccer/football. What apps or websites are good for getting sports news, scores, reminders when games come on, watching content and recaps of games, and most importantly, watching matches themselves?

As for reminders of upcoming Games, Google Now does a pretty good job of that, as it also updates you of the scores. For news and such, I am not sure.

ljxdaly

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
thescore and cbs sports are what i use. i'm not saying there aren't better out there, just what i use. would love to hear of some good ideas as well.

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Seems like the Score is getting a lot of praise. Does it show games/highlights or only scores (I'm guessing only scores from the name)?

Scores and news, I don't think it has video highlights...that's why I have scorecenter too

[JTC ONE m8]

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
The main reason I like the score best is because the scoring notifications are quick...haven't found any app that can compete with it

[JTC ONE m8]

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The MLB app and widget is great. If you want to follow specific teams lots of times they have excellent apps - Buffalo Bills app is quite good, Buffalo Sabres app is also good, NFL mobile is excellent. You need to look for what you need in an app - just like phones, apps are to each his own.

Stemkroywen

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Been using theScore since its release in 07'. Thru the years I've tried them all and none of them have come close to what theScore brings. When I need to see a video highlight, I just use my ESPN mobile home screen shortcut. No one should ever have to download the ESPN app.

J.

Last edited: