Lookout App online error: Phone thinks its fine

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else has experienced the following issue with the Lookout application. When I log on to my Lookout account from my computer, I see the following alerts on my Dashboard:

Your device hasn't checked in during its scheduled sync time.
We were unable to connect to your device via SMS. Make sure your device has a cellular signal. You can also edit your mobile number if it is incorrect.

The message "Error Connecting" also appears underneath the picture of my phone online.

Meanwhile, my phone believes everything is okay, and reports that backups and other activities are occurring without problem. I initiated backup from my computer - Lookout sent and I received the SMS on my phone without problem, so the connection seems fine. I am running the official Verizon OTA Froyo 2.2 on a stock, unrooted Droid X. The Lookout application is up to date.

Anyone else experience this or have a fix?

moulidx

Sep 23, 2010
www.androidreviewblog.com
May be you should uninstall and reinstall the Application, since there is no soft reset option in Droid X, according to my knowledge.

NOTE: Not To Be Rude, Hard Reset will erase all the data on the phone so avoid that. A reinstall can be considered, since only the settings of the app will be lost, but be sure to save the data related to the app, if possible.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Benji is right, regular power cycle = soft reset on the X.

Just realized this problem may have started when I did the factory wipe to go along with the OTA 2.2 (see sticky at top of DX forum). That means the problem is likely on their end not being able to recognize my phone (though they can still send SMS to it). Sent an email to their support dept., hope to hear back soon.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Fixed. Deleted Lookout account entirely and re-enrolled. Worked like a charm.

Mods, you can close this thread if desired.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE