FF on Evo 2.2 the goods and bads

keld

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that if firefox is not running and I open a link from the facebook application or a text message or i click on one of the bookmarks from the bookmark widget, firefox will load (it takes too long to my liking to load btw) and then once done loading, the screen stays black and nothing happens, not even pressing the menu button would work.
I have to press Home then reopen firefox to finally see the page.
It does this every time, so between long load time and blank screen, can't really use it for now.
Another bad point, it doesn't reformat the pages when you zoom in. One amazing thing with the default browser is the that if you zoom close on some text you never have to slide from left to right to read a sentence.
Another thing, I don't know if it's me but it seems like the font quality is not as good as the default browser either, zoom out and you'll see the text being kind of unreadable, poos anti aliasing quality.

So to resume, the bad things:
- Poor load time to open the browser
- Blank screens when opening pages from another app
- No content reformatting when zooming in
- Font quality doesn't seem as good as default browser when zoomed out
- When you open google and make a search, the page is completely zoomed out so need extra steps to see the results.

For the good things:
- Like the idea of the add-ons (hopefully this won't kill the performance too much)
- Like the sliding left to see the opened tabs
- Home page is cool with possibility to open the tabs that were opened on your computer
- The sync is great

I know it's only bet for now and if those issues are fixed I will def make it my default browser, for now, not very usable.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc