Has anyone figured out how to use that keyboard, I tried and for the life of me cannot?
    10-13-2010 09:26 PM
    Hi Xiphoner,

I work for exideas. Please let me know how I can help you figure out MessagEase!
    10-13-2010 10:20 PM
    if you wish, you can send me email: sherryw@exideas.com
    10-13-2010 10:24 PM
    it works with a touch or swipe. Swipe will select one letter and a touch will select the other. Could work for some but to me its like learning a new language.
    10-14-2010 08:29 AM
    I just tried it, and I think it has some potential. I made very few mistakes once I got the hang of it, but my speed is really slow. It appears to have a very high learning curve.
    It also has no text predication. That hurts it a lot in my opinion.
    But I am willing to give it a try for a bit more. Maybe if I type with less mistakes there will be less need for text predication
    10-14-2010 10:04 AM
    Hi jnadelman,

Thanks for giving MessagEase a try. It looks perplexing at first, but once you catch on the simple logic, it's the matter of getting used to it. Here are a few suggestions to expedite your learning and accuracy.

for your slides, you DON"T have to stop at the boundary of the key. Most people feel that they should make a timid, short slide, whereas longer, more determined drags or slides would be easier, and would give you accurate results.

Try practicing the primary letters first. My favorite is: this is a test!

Add one category at t time for practicing; notice that all letters around O are curved! It helps me to think of U as up (on O) and D as down (on O).

Finally practicing the good old, all encompassing 'the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' a over and over does wonders.

Best,

Sherry W
    (exideas)

I just tried it, and I think it has some potential. I made very few mistakes once I got the hang of it, but my speed is really slow. It appears to have a very high learning curve.
    It also has no text predication. That hurts it a lot in my opinion.
    But I am willing to give it a try for a bit more. Maybe if I type with less mistakes there will be less need for text predication
    10-14-2010 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD