ADW.Launcher vs LauncherPro

DoubleA319

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Ive been testing out ADW.Launcher & Launcher Pro for the last day or so & I, like, many other people believe these 2 launchers are the cream of the crop. My problem is that I like both of them so much that I cant figure out which 1 I want to use. Theres no sense in keeping 2 homescreen replacement apps right? Anyway I want everyone to try 2 to convince me to use their favorite out of the 2, especially if you have experience using both. May the best launcher win...

JokerSage

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I use and paid for Launcher Pro. The widgets and all the little features for Plus users easily make it worth the price.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

CyD13

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I also use and paid for LauncherPro Plus. The widgets are really the deal breaker, and the feel of LauncherPro is more professional. ADW is rough around the edges, LauncherPro is polished- so polished, in fact, that it really looks like it's made from an actual corporation like HTC or Google.

DoubleA319

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
hmmm, i havent paid 4 the plus version. Its looking like I need to go ahead and try it...any1 else out there plan on making a case for ADW??

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for the paid-version, albeit reluctantly at first. I just wish that widgets could be resized. But LPP is a very-very good launcher.

wabadroid

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing. I had Home Switcher and set up both and went back and forth for days. In the end, LPP just seemed a bit faster and smoother. That said, having set up LPP two times, taking it off the first time because my battery wasn't lasting as long, doing the stock launcher again, then ADW then LP without the plus then adding the plus, there is definitely more battery drain with LPP. I love the launcher thougha and not ready to re-set up my screens again.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
LauncherPro Plus is def the way to go! Widgets and almost everything is customizable from the dock, to how many screens you want to use. I use it over the Blur UI but you still get the Blur widgets to use. LPP will give you the most options.

Sent from my DROIDX

shanesol

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for the paid-version, albeit reluctantly at first. I just wish that widgets could be resized. But LPP is a very-very good launcher.

The widgets can be resized on LPP.....

widgets can be resized with adw and you don't have to pay I think is what he meant. I like LPP for dock customability and the LPP widgets you get, it's worth the money... For what my opinion is worth

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
The widgets can be resized on LPP.....

Yeah... after you place them. So I have to clear off a whole screen for a Facebook widget that I want to be only two rows tall. And I can't remove that widget if I want to do that again, because I'll be doing the whole-screen shuffle again. ADW at least lets you resize the widget right as you place it, which makes much more sense, as I'm rarely going to resize a widget once I found a good spot for it.
I admit, the LP+ widgets were great. I switched to ADW from LP+ (but I'm keeping LP installed just in case he does fix those bugs that made me switch), and while I'm happy with my decision, I do miss those nice scrolling widgets. That said... LP+ had a few bugs that, to me, were huge game breakers. Right now, I'm happier with ADW. They have alot of similar features, overall, so I'm not missing much. The way they handle the bottom docks are different, and I'm not too sure which way I prefer, but overall, I'm happy with ADW now.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I really like the stock launcher that came on my Epic. Perhaps I wll check out what the others are like. This is my first smart phone and I am liking it alot.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Personally I like LP+ the best. I've tried to give ADW a shot but I just can't get used to it. The two things I found myself missing a lot when I tried ADW were the widgets and the scrollable docks. The widgets do an amazing job at recreating the widgets from Sense. I actually think the People's widget for LP is better than the People widget from Sense actually. Then there's the scrollable docks. Pure awesomeness. You get to put 15 different shortcuts all together which definitely helps things. And I forgot another thing about LP that's awesome... 3d gallery. LP with ResToggle is in my opinion the best look and feel for your launcher. Here's how I have mine set up:

snap20101016_150206.png
snap20101016_150203.png

snap20101016_150159.png

snap20101016_150214.png
snap20101016_150209.png

3d gallery
snap20101016_150414.png

Last edited:

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
the smallest thing can make the difference for me...i use LPP. i love the way you can set up widgets short cuts by using "activites", meaning instead of the clock widget you can make so it takes you direct to your alarm which for me is a win

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
the smallest thing can make the difference for me...i use LPP. i love the way you can set up widgets short cuts by using "activites", meaning instead of the clock widget you can make so it takes you direct to your alarm which for me is a win

I do that with ADW, as well. Really, outside of LP not having themes and ADW not having built-in widgets and the two handling the bottom dock differently, they're pretty much at feature parity.

DoubleA319

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Well then i guess its pretty much settled then. I was kinda leaning toward launcherpro honsetly, I actually have a HTC Hero. & I love sense but i really hate the dock, especially on a hero. Its useless. The phone button isnt needed cuz there is a physical one. The add a widget button is also useless cuz all u have 2 do is long press the screen. So that leaves me with 1 usable icon which is the app drawer icon.

Anyway here is a pic of my launcherpro mainscreen:

Homescreen.jpg

i shud probably get rid of homeswitcher now that I've chosen LP...

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
LPP for me. Should I also try to convince you that blue is your favorite color? Pick the one you like best...they're both great.