12-28-2010 12:14 PM
45 12
tools
    Im just getting into the whole twitter thing and finding the best available app is complicated with so many choices. Im not a power user or need anything complicated. I just need a well thought out app, nice to look at and just plain easy to use.

Ive been recommended seismic and twitdroid, but havent heard anyone talk about the official app.

Thoughts? Recommendations?
    10-17-2010 12:12 PM
    tweetdeck by far for me. it integrates along with twitter, facebook, foursquare, and buzz. plus it has 3 widget options based on what you want to do from your home screen. you can post directly, view a certain column (basically it can be as basic as your twitter/facebook feed, a combo or both, or something unique) as well as a widget that just launches a certain column in the app.

for me what sold me on it was the integration it has with facebook. each tweet it gives you an option to post to both or just one account. Along with that the user interface is very clean and easy to use.
    10-17-2010 12:23 PM
    TWEETDECK!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-17-2010 12:53 PM
    TWEETDECK!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    it really does blow everything out of the water. I don't even have a facebook app installed anymore
    10-17-2010 01:02 PM
    the thing is I dont really use facebook. Im just looking for a dedicated twitter app. Would tweetdeck still be the best option?
    10-17-2010 01:10 PM
    the thing is I dont really use facebook. Im just looking for a dedicated twitter app. Would tweetdeck still be the best option?
    yeah, tweetdeck is a twitter app, it just extends functionality to those who like everything in one place, you don't have to hook up a facebook account at all. If you don't your feeds will just show twitter updates rather than both twitter and facebook. The custom columns you can make can be for example: feed, direct messages, @replies. It can be solely dedicated to twitter.
    joshuat likes this.
    10-17-2010 01:15 PM
    yeah, tweetdeck is a twitter app, it just extends functionality to those who like everything in one place, you don't have to hook up a facebook account at all. If you don't your feeds will just show twitter updates rather than both twitter and facebook. The custom columns you can make can be for example: feed, direct messages, @replies. It can be solely dedicated to twitter.
    thanks, its good to be informed
    10-17-2010 01:20 PM
    Touiteur!!
    10-17-2010 01:21 PM
    Hands down, Tweetdeck. It has a couple nice widget options. I had been using Twicca until TD came out of beta. It works great!
    packerbacker likes this.
    10-18-2010 07:45 AM
    I use Twicca now and I love it, but I'm going to try out Tweetdeck now.
    10-18-2010 08:15 AM
    Currently using Samsung's friends & feeds widget. Downloaded Hootsuite a few days ago and didn't liked it. Too complicated (not a power user here either). No widget, no facebook combination currently, and too many steps just to view the posts. Uninstalled.

I'll try Tweetdeck also from the recs.
    10-18-2010 08:29 AM
    10-26-2010 09:42 AM
    Using tweetissimo. Loves it!
    10-26-2010 09:43 AM
    I would go with Twicca hands down for just Twitter use. Has much more options and the interface is simple. I have Twicca for my Twitter and Tweetdeck for my Twitter, Facebook and Google Buzz. Trust me, just try Twicca, you'll love it much more options then Tweetdeck.
    10-26-2010 09:44 AM
    As a stand-alone app, Touiteur is exceptional. If you want something that can handle Twitter and most of your other social network accounts, there's nothing better than TweetDeck (my current choice).
    Been using Twidroyd and like it a lot. Started trying Tweetdeck last week and am still getting into it. Like the "jump to top" feature of Twidroyd.
    For me, a lot of the Twitter apps lack one piece that would make them perfect. Tweetdeck lacks a widget that displays tweets instead of just linking to individual columns. The official client lacks support for multiple accounts. Tweetcaster needs visual refinements.

Whichever one of those three fixes their problems first will win my whole-hearted support. Until them, I'll keep client-hopping.
    10-26-2010 09:45 AM
    twicca is leagues in front of tweetdeck. so much more choice and dedicated to twitter
    10-26-2010 09:46 AM
    Tweeterdeck as sj put it
    10-26-2010 09:49 AM
    Been using Twidroyd and like it a lot. Started trying Tweetdeck last week and am still getting into it. Like the "jump to top" feature of Twidroyd.
    FYI, you can jump to the top of any column in tweetdeck by simply tapping the column header.

Sent from my Droid Incredible
    10-26-2010 09:52 AM
    Tweetdeck is convenient for me since I use Twitter, Facebook, and Foursquare. However I still use Twidroyd for tweets with mentions because it has lists my friends I follow as I type. Once Tweetdeck has that I probably won't be using Twidroyd much.
    10-26-2010 10:03 AM
    Looks like we got some twitter users, post your username and I'll follow you. Follow me @golfhawthorne
    10-26-2010 10:03 AM
    I like Twidroyd a lot. It has the best feature of any Twitter app and that is the LiveView function. While reading my Tweets, I never have to leave the application to go to the browser. The links open right up in Twidroyd, basically instantly. It does literally everything I can think of in a Twitter application. I suggest all of you try it for a day and see how great it is.
    10-26-2010 10:05 AM
    Tweetdeck is my absolute favorite.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    10-26-2010 10:06 AM
    I've been trying out all of the Twitter apps and the best one for me is Twicca. It's very simple but you can also customize a lot of the functions.
    10-26-2010 10:13 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD