I am looking for a good running app. All I really need is one for me to be able to input my time so I can see the results. I don't need one that has the built in maps and uses GPS to track everything. I just want one that I can put my time in, see if there is an improvement, so I can just work towards my goal.

I have lost nearly 40 pounds but when it comes to my run, I still have quite a bit of work to do.
    10-18-2010 07:38 PM
    Congrats on the weight loss.

I think this app looks cool.
    10-18-2010 09:08 PM
    i've been using the android version of "map my run" called "imapmyrun" (also have imapmyride)---
    it uses your GPS to track you elevation, distance, lap time, calories burned, and then can upload all your information (including any tags you want to include such as public route, ground type, difficulty, etc) to mapmyrun.com and you can share your training with any friends on the site or find other runners in the area.
    it's pretty cool--and since i use my phone for a media player while running, it's just one more thing to have!
    start music, start app, start running, end running and am able to check out all the statistics/info. it's really accurate with distance, too--depending on your GPS signal.

update: you don't need to have the GPS on to use any of the core features (time) and it will still allow you to see your previous results and actually set up a training regiment to follow.
    10-20-2010 11:05 AM
    My wife just took off this morning with RunKeeper I think it's called. I'll report back once I know if she liked it.

She says it's too early to tell. So that's not a home run at the first at bat.
    10-20-2010 11:11 AM
    I tried RunKeeper, it was OK. Any other suggestions out there?
    10-24-2010 08:32 PM
    I was using runkeeper for a while but the gps doesn't stay locked on with my Epic and it makes it look like I am running right through people's houses which in turn is actually shortening my route so I don't get fully accurate results, has happened everytime I used Runkeeper. I used Runtastic and discovered that it really was the runkeeper app and not my phone as Runtastic kept me on my route. So does anyone have any other suggestions. Runtastic was alright, but there was just something about it that I didn't like.

Now that I have a case that my phone fits in and my gps is more accurate than 30m, I actually like the whole GPS thing for tracking of information.
    03-02-2011 06:57 PM
    I use jog tracker and really like it.
    03-03-2011 01:12 PM
    I love MyTracks. The UI is not as fancy as RunKeeper, but it has really good stats and I prefer it overall. Solid GPS and it uploads to your My Maps on Google Maps as well as updates Google Docs with each run (if you upload the data to gDocs and gMaps).
    03-03-2011 03:20 PM
    Thanks for the info, will have to give those 2 a try on my next two runs. Used mapmyrun today, and while it did the basics, just didn't like the interface as a whole.
    03-03-2011 05:50 PM
    Hello everyone. I'm not only new to android but I'm also new to smart phones. I had been living in the past and now I'm finding it hard to catch up with all of the new* (to me) stuff. I know that running apps drains battery life, but is there some apps that should always be running? And if there are, which ones are they?

Thanks.
    04-07-2011 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD