Marketplace Stuck Updating Apps

stevekat

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I have two apps that are stuck updating in the Android Marketplace on an Evo.

Originally I went to Marketplace, the Downloads menu, selected update all, and now the Kayak and PayPal mobile have a progress bar and say 'installing' interminably. They have been in this state for two weeks. I have killed the Markeplace App, restarted the phone, uninstalled the Kayak and PayPal Mobile app in Applications management and nothing changes. The progress bars on these two apps just continue to be stuck with no progress.

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I have two apps that are stuck updating in the Android Marketplace on an Evo.

Originally I went to Marketplace, the Downloads menu, selected update all, and now the Kayak and PayPal mobile have a progress bar and say 'installing' interminably. They have been in this state for two weeks. I have killed the Markeplace App, restarted the phone, uninstalled the Kayak and PayPal Mobile app in Applications management and nothing changes. The progress bars on these two apps just continue to be stuck with no progress.

i have the same exact problem. one of the updates is for an app that i uninstalled already.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Same, the clear cache/data or whatever doesn't work at all.

This is happening on my Dell Streak and super annoying.

Goldwinger

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Try trash canning both apps and reinstall. It's worked for me in the past. Wouldn't hurt to try clearing the cache first, then trash can the apps.

So far I've been able to work out any problems like this with the above process. Good luck.

sharkerbaby

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to believe this is a market problem. I am seeing this pop up multiple times on multiple forums plus it happens to me on 9 out 10 apps I d/l or update. That's too often. I auto clear all my caches nightly plus clear cache and data on the market each time it occurs. Something is amiss

stevekat

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I have uninstalled the apps from the Application management pane. They continue to be in a permanent state of 'installing' in the Marketplace anyway. Also, I am unable to access them in the Marketplace to 'reinstall' them because they are in limbo.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
This happens with some of the apps on the SD card. Moving them to the phone, updating, moving back to SD works for me.