View Poll Results: Did a store rep install and/or recommend a Task Manager?

Voters
963. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they did.

282 29.28%
  • No but they advised that I do so.

166 17.24%
  • No they did not.

518 53.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
06-12-2014 05:46 PM
353 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    1) Verizon

2.) Yes they did.
    11-05-2010 05:29 PM
    1) Verizon

2.) Yes they did.
    Ugh, story of my life.
    11-06-2010 11:06 PM
    Yes, recommended

Best Buy Mobile Employee said part of their training for all employees

Clown also recommended a screen protector for an Epic 4G with Gorilla Glass
    11-07-2010 01:51 PM
    I still dont understand why Google allows for so many apps to just start on their own. It's completely stupid.
    Google is not the stupid one here. Read this:

Droid Den - Android Guide: Should I Use a Task Killer - Droid Den

And this:

Android Developers Blog: Multitasking the Android Way

That second link in particular is from the actual Android developers, and it explains pretty clearly how the multitasking works in Android. It's not stupid at all. Understand that, and you'll understand why task killers are unnecessary.
    11-07-2010 02:11 PM
    1) Sprint
    -HTC Evo

2) Not at all
    11-15-2010 02:30 PM
    tmobile moto cliq.....ughhhhh. i told them if they touvh my phone i will smack them silly. stick to selling and forget about "informing" us on what should or shouldn't or what is "coming within days so you have no worries about upgrade from 1.5 to 2.1....Shoot sorry.....went off on a tangent.

Anyway, nice board you got here. Im gonna read the rules and snoop around and find the proper intro thread.
    11-21-2010 12:12 PM
    HTC Desire

US Cellular

They recommended I do.
    11-22-2010 06:10 AM
    Verizon store, DINC

recommended and installed ATK. i just now removed mine, will have to remove it from the wifes (they got her too).. i thought it was a good program? heh.
    11-23-2010 09:41 AM
    Verizon, Droid X, Advanced Task Killer
    11-25-2010 11:20 AM
    I just purchased a My Touch 4G and my sales rep advised against it, so no she did not install it. BY the way I purchased it at a T-Mobile store.
    11-25-2010 11:59 AM
    I purchased online but had I purchased in-store, I would not have let them install anything. I am quite capable of installing apps on my smart phone.
    12-01-2010 06:10 PM
    Got the wife a Fascinate and the dude put on Advanced Task Killer...i kindly removed when i got in the car.
    12-03-2010 09:54 AM
    I got mine at best buy and they tried to talk me into installing Advanced Task Killer, I knew better though. The guy even went through the effort of putting it on the receipt as a "recommended app"
    12-03-2010 10:04 AM
    1 Sprint evo.
    2 all the store did was activate phone. They knew I was coming from another android device so I assume they knew that I knee what I wanted. Then again I paid full retail so maybe they wanted rid of me so they could get a customer they were making commission on.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    12-03-2010 10:06 AM
    1. Sprint Evo From Best Buy

2. They didn't say anything about it to me and didn't install any apps on my phone.

I'm actually suprised how many sales people would install any kind of apps on their customers phones at all especially the ones who don't say anything about it to the customers. I guess they all just think that they are helping but that just seems a little creepy to me.
    12-03-2010 10:17 AM
    1. Sprint Evo From Best Buy

2. They didn't say anything about it to me and didn't install any apps on my phone.

I'm actually suprised how many sales people would install any kind of apps on their customers phones at all especially the ones who don't say anything about it to the customers. I guess they all just think that they are helping but that just seems a little creepy to me.
    When I bought my hero at best buy they insisted on atk and spare parts when I trying to return it over bat life. One of those programs improved the bat life and I used it until I upgraded to the evo. I still use atk on my evo, not tried spare parts on it.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    12-03-2010 10:33 AM
    Moto Droid on VZW
    No Task Mgr for me but my fiance who had her Droid before me let the rep put Adv Task Mgr and Uninstaller Apps on her phone b/c he said they were basically a necessity, which at the time may have been b/c her phone was running on 1.5 or 1.6 which didn't have the app mgr feature built in. I later uninstalled both apps due to shortened battery life and the fact that they were both redundant and therefore wasting space.
    Have a friend who just bought Sanyo ZO from Cricket and his rep put a task mgr on his phone and told him he NEEDED it. I promptly uninstalled and explained to him how to use the built in task manager/uninstaller. He has since thanked me for his "extended" battery life I provided/restored for him.
    In short, most reps are uninformed and ALL task managers are redundant and battery assassins. Don't waste your time, space, and battery downloading them, you will regret it.
    12-09-2010 07:51 AM
    Evo at a Sprint store +
    Nope, didn't mention anytthing about a "Task Manager"
    12-12-2010 06:22 PM
    Incredible Verizon store. Rep did not offer. I would have refused

However, while there getting my wife's phone replaced, someone else got a new Droid 2, i overheard the rep say "I went ahead and put ATK on there for you, because without it your phone will be all screwed up and your battery won't last three hours" . I told my wife that the rep just gave him bad info, but she told me to not get involved, so i just watched the show
    Well, she put it on for him, and immediately his phone became a slow, useless, POS. He was pissed! She couldn't figure it out. She said she didn't understand, because her manager said all Droids need ATK to work as they should. She went to the back to talk to her manager, and the customer removed ATK and rebooted the phone and it was fine. This was when a 60 something lady that was also in the store proceeded to explain to the customer that ATK and 2.2 don't mix. She told the guy to go online to any of the android forums and read. When the rep came back out, this same lady told the rep to quit effing up peoples phones, and suggested the rep also go read the forums so she knows what she is talking about.

That lady is my new hero!
    12-24-2010 12:34 AM
    Never did they advise me to download one. T-Mobile
    12-28-2010 12:58 AM
    Verizon Droid2
    Bought the phone and had it rooted
    Went to a different store for a case and they installed ATK as a necessity
    Went back to the original store the next day for a question and they immediately removed it
    01-01-2011 02:35 PM
    I know this isn't american but...

Backflip on Telus, nope. Made no mention either.
    01-01-2011 05:36 PM
    evo shift - best buy.

Lasy said to get ATK as soon as possible. I am new to android so i was like "umm, ok... my pre didnt need that, haha"
    01-07-2011 10:35 PM
    Bought my MyTouch 4G on eBay. The guy who sold it to me forgot to mention the task manager...
    01-08-2011 09:30 AM
    evo shift - best buy.

Lasy said to get ATK as soon as possible. I am new to android so i was like "umm, ok... my pre didnt need that, haha"

So my g/f bought an EVO last night, the guy installed it and didnt even ask us to do so.

I got home and he had it on "autokill" for every hour.
    01-10-2011 02:19 PM
353 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD