Did a store rep install a task manager when you purchased your phone?

Did a store rep install and/or recommend a Task Manager?

• Total voters

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
was at VZW yesterday and guess what every Android phone on display had a task killer running and dam they had a task killer on a xoom. I got on a sales rep.face when they tried to put one.on a customer xoom I jumped in explaining why you don't need it the rep was.po

Soul_Berry

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
T-mobile MyTouch 4g

Never mentioned it or installed it. The rep just put the clock widget on the home screen as well as the google search bar.

I believe it's just a ploy to have you come back and buy extra batteries from them... lol

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
1. Verizon

2. mentioned if the battery life was starting to get bad, try using the built in touchwiz task manager.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Verizon store, bought the wife a droid x (waiting for my droid r2d2). Store rep suggest advanced task killer.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a Sprint Evo and the rep at the store "suggested" I install a task manager. I tried a couple and ended uninstalling them and going without.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Virgin Mobile, purchased at Radio Shack. The store rep did nothing other than activate my phone, and said nothing about any apps whatsoever.

TimsAndroid315

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
After doing research for like a year and deliberating jumping networks, here's what I decided on:

Samsung Transform w/ Android 2.1 (Eclair)...now upgraded to 2.2 FroYo
When I bought it, Advanced Task Killer was discussed but not installed. I later installed a Task Killer on my own,

G00GLE

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
No they Did not :'(
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png
Bi.png

kalel114

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
When I bought my Sprint Hero (my first Android device) the Sprint Store salesman said I needed to DL ATK and did it for me before he even handed me the phone. When I upgraded to my Evo though, the salesman (different guy) made it a point to tell me not to use one. I already knew not to this time, but still..

Bailarge

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
My mother bought a Samsung for T-Mobile. Whatever their Android is (I'm Verizon so I don't really know). She bought it at Sam's Club. She said they installed Advanced Task Killer and they told her she needed to let the battery go all the way to the end without charging and let it recharge in order to get battery life. I told he she needs to call me from now on if she has issues first, since the Task Killer isn't really good for the battery in the long-run and that it's bad to fully discharge Li-Ion batteries. The rep must have been thinking of the NiMH batteries.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I have gone to Best Buy and Verizon with friends and clients (and for my personal phones). Each time they have either attempted to put it on or suggested it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908