Did a store rep install a task manager when you purchased your phone?

Did a store rep install and/or recommend a Task Manager?

• Total voters

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
There are plenty of threads discussing the pros & cons of Task Killers. This is not one of them. I have 2 simple questions I'd like you to answer.

1) If you purchased your phone at the store, which of the 4 major carriers did you buy your phone from: Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile or AT&T?

2.) Did the store employee install and/or strongly recommend a task manager before you left the store?

Please post the answer to both questions here, and check the applicable checkboxes in the poll.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
1. Verizon

2. nope, made no mention of it whatsoever

for my friend:
1. TMobile
2. yes, he installed it AND said it would help save her battery life.

Last edited:

p4trickh#IM

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Sprint HTC Evo 4G and maybe they would have if I would have given them the chance but as soon as the phone was programmed I snatched it from the rep and said "great let's wrap this up I can handle the rest". He started to give me some speech about "Ready Now" but I told him I walked in the door ready and that I wanted to finish my purchase now.

P4trick H.

zthralls

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Verizon, Droid Incredible, Bought online did not have one istalled but i later went to the local verizon store to check out accessories. Rep asked to see my phone and then preceeded to install Advance Task Killer. Btw the Rep is a personal friend so it wasn't weird when he took my phone from me without telling me what he was doing.

plainbrad

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Epic at a Sprint store. I didn't have a store rep suggest or install a task killer but I sell batteries for a living and have customers come in looking for extended life batteries for smart phones a lot and have come across a few where a store rep had placed a task killer on their phones.

He123321

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
1. Sprint... My Evo was purchased at Best Buy.
2. The sales rep told me about the app, and its benefits, and that I should install it.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Samsung fascinate, verizon store

They did not. They did not even mention it or made any other suggestion. The only thing they told me was that I was the first customer to pick up fascinate. I did install Atk. I did not root it until recently and installed autokiller after rooting, thus crippling my phone... before I came to my senses and got rid of the pest.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer