Did a store rep install a task manager when you purchased your phone?

Did a store rep install and/or recommend a Task Manager?

• Total voters

stjonas

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Did a store rep install a task manager when you purchased you

Droid 2 through Verizon and there was absolutely no mention of a task manager. Looking into ATK - Advanced Task Killer.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

MoPho from Sprint. The sales rep never mentioned a task manager. On the other hand, I was running late to get to a wedding, and didn't even let her install my contacts (I returned the next day to do that).

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Sprint, and nope. They know me pretty well though, I have a habit of going in and playing with the new releases about every other month, Hahaha.

I've been told specifically that ATK is bad for the phones, but that's about as much discussion as we get into anymore. They know I know what I'm doing, for the most part.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

They neither installed nor mentioned a task killer. my phone was purchased at best buy

jezer29

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Nexus S4G Sprint at best buy
She didn't install it but mentioned it and showed me what it looks like on her phone. I've used it but am kinda skeptical as to does it really work. All the time it tap kill apps they seem to go away but when I go to the stock settings of my phone "manage apps" their still listed o_O

KCMike

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

1) Inspire HD @ AT&T Store
2) No mention of a task manager/killer

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site

when I got my EVO 4G from best buy last year they didnt install anything. I didnt either, but on my previous phones I had installed task killers and regardless what people say about them, the phones definitely ran smoother and opened things quicker after id do a "kill all", but with the evo and now with the epic touch I dont run one, maybe its just because the phones are/were just so damn fast on their own and have enough memory that I dont see any slow downs no matter what.

titanoman

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
With my Fascinate, the guy said he "never installs anything", he just activates the phone bc he doesn't want to be held responsible for any problems. But all of my droids and my D2 all got Task Killers, whether I wanted them or not. So annoying.

Then get rid of it.

Sent from T-mobile Galaxy S2 (Hercules)

bduran727

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

1. AT&T (Costco)

2. Guy installed advanced task killer pro and said to kill apps every couple hours.

Suprtrukr425

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

2 years ago at T-Mobile the rep installed advanced task killer, without asking me, and told me to kill the apps when finished using them.

7 months ago switched to AT&T rep made no mention of it, although I made it very clear when I came in that I needed no help with the device.

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

bought samsung infuse at best buy w at&t contract.
No installation or discussion of task managers

mstroud

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

Back when I purchased the Droid X, before I was even allowed to touch the phone while it was running, the sales agent at the Verizon corporate store took the phone back and installed Advanced Task Killer. I was told it "needed to be running at all times" because Android didn't run well with lots of tasks. Within a couple of hours that app was uninstalled.

This time around with the Galaxy Nexus the phone was completely clean and the Verizon staff installed nothing. In fact, other than pressing the power button they did nothing with the phone. I had it from the moment the boot screen started up, and did the full activation process myself. I am much happier going through all of this myself and not having the 3rd party crud added before I have a way to see what the stock OS looks and feels like.

paulwcarlton

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Back when I purchased the Droid X, before I was even allowed to touch the phone while it was running, the sales agent at the Verizon corporate store took the phone back and installed Advanced Task Killer. I was told it "needed to be running at all times" because Android didn't run well with lots of tasks. Within a couple of hours that app was uninstalled.

This time around with the Galaxy Nexus the phone was completely clean and the Verizon staff installed nothing. In fact, other than pressing the power button they did nothing with the phone. I had it from the moment the boot screen started up, and did the full activation process myself. I am much happier going through all of this myself and not having the 3rd party crud added before I have a way to see what the stock OS looks and feels like.

blackberry9860

Last edited by a moderator:

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Why anyone would allow a store rep to install an app of any kind on their new phone is beyond me.

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

On my first 2 they installed them because I didnt know any better and trusted the corp. store. Since then, I have refused both task killers and antivirus programs pushed very hard by employees and phone support with Verizon.

jwinn3

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

T-Mobile. No, store rep didn't mention it (Task Manager). Maybe because it came installed on the device already.

Last edited:

Denise Farris

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
AT&T and Yes she did. Had nothing but problems with the Advanced Task Killer... SGS3 already has a built in task killer and was not needed. I un-installed it.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
AT&T, nope. Bought the S3. However, when I went to exchange it for overheating to the point of being uncomfortable, the sales rep (different from the one who helped me get my S3) asked me if I cleared out the stock manager and if that helped alleviate the heat.

Sent from my HTC One X