Did a store rep install a task manager when you purchased your phone?

Did a store rep install and/or recommend a Task Manager?

• Total voters

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any app that shows your running apps and allows you to select which ones to force stop, like this one: Advanced Task Killer. The same thing can be done from your Settings>Apps menu anyway, but task killer apps make it more convenient. Still not a good idea to make a habit of killing apps, though, because a lot of them will restart automatically, since that's how Android works. The constant killing and restarting takes CPU and battery, so you may end up using more battery than you think you're saving.

Wow, this thread is 4 years old!

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this thread is 4 years old!
Yes, ridiculous that this four year old "poll" is the top thing in the forum. What exactly is the op going to do with this info? Not clear at all. I got tired of looking at it and I flagged it to the moderators. No change, not even a response. Apparently the lights are on, but nobody's home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not at the top of the forums where I'm looking. The thread and poll don't violate any rules, so it doesn't really have to be taken down.

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Top of the list on tapatalk. Top pinned thread on my pc. I didn't say anything about a rule...I was speaking to common sense. It serves no purpose. If op has a valid continuing use for this info then please let him speak up and explain why his "question" should be given the most prominent place on the forum every day for four years.

If it's not really a question, then change the title and explain the purpose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's really odd--I don't use Tapatalk, so I didn't see it there. Not sure why it would be at the top. I'll bring it to the attention of the mods as well.

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Attached is image from my pc screen. Top in the "sticky" section which is above the normal threads.
Sticky section should be reserved for things of general usefulness, not for questions.
If it's a poll, then what is going to be done with this info? Maybe there is a valid reason but I don't see the point.
I picture someone was just trying to be "cute" by expressing opinion through a poll (perhaps mocking store reps or people that listen to them) Maybe it was cute to someone four years ago but it has gotten very old for me in 2014. I didn't picture that it would be a controversial suggestion within a professionallly-run forum, but maybe I am missing something about this thread ... feel free to explain it to me.
pcscreen.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I already brought it to the attention of the Mods. I think they'll take care of it.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thread has been removed from the sticky list. Guess this one just slipped by and stayed stuck way longer than it should of been.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae