Sync outlook calendar to android

F350-6

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I've tried a few of the paid versions years ago and nothing was automatic and it seemed like it was a pain to do. Then I ran across Google calendar sync and it's worked flawlessly ever since. Google was kind enough to discontinue it a couple of years ago, but if you had already downloaded it, you could still use it.

Today I got the email it would stop working as of Aug 1, so now I'm in need of a replacement app that will sync my outlook calendar on my computer to my google calendar.

Hopefully I'm in the right spot since I am basically needing something to install on the PC to do the syncing since the phone syncs with google just fine.

OldLincoln

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
According to the sync2 site and my conversation with them, their product replaces Google Sync and willdo fine. Anybody have experience with them?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I ran into the same issue... and I saw this app as well. But $60? Oooof..... That's a bit steep, considering that it's replacing a FREE application.

Oh well, I'll keep searching for something that will do the trick.

OldLincoln

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I a.lso have tried Akrusync and it works better than I ever imagined. It imported all 1600 events going back a few years which took time but the daily sync is just a minute or so. I'm trialing a couple more days just to be sure then buying it. The price is cheap if you depend on your tab or phone like I do.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I have a WP Nokia ICON and I use Akruto with great success. I also have the Galaxy Note 8 and believe it or not, I use Kies and Kies Air to sync with Outlook 2013.

Akruto seems to work with Android phones but not too well with Android tablets.

OldLincoln

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" tablet. I had difficulity with installation but afterward realized I have the Nova Home Page which likely caused my issues. All is well since and it syncs automatically when Akruto and the calendar first open.

F350-6

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying Akruto myself for the 7 day free trial. Anyone else have anything better to report before I spend the money on the paid version?

Set up on this for me wasn't that easy due to the configuration at work, but it's worked well since I got it up and running.

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying out gSyncit and it is working quite well. It seems to work independently of router/network setups, works at home, work etc easily.

flroots

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Been searching the internet trying to look at options. Anyone have experience with this? Automatically Sync Outlook Across All Devices | AkrutoSync
I am switching from Android-Sync to Akrutosync. I can't get support from Android-Sync and so far support from Akrutosync has been very good. They are now investigating an issue for me. My categories are not being carried over from Outlook onto my Galaxy S3. Actually I have two Galaxy S3's: one an AT&T and one a Sprint. Categories do carry over on the Sprint phone, but not the AT&T. I know it seems weird but that's the honest truth.

Last edited:

gs6forme

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I am switching from Android-Sync to Akrutosync. I can't get support from Android-Sync and so far support from Akrutosync has been very good. They are now investigating an issue for me. My categories are not being carried over from Outlook onto my Galaxy S3. Actually I have two Galaxy S3's: one an AT&T and one a Sprint. Categories do carry over on the Sprint phone, but not the AT&T. I know it seems weird but that's the honest truth.

Hi, Flroot. Could you share how this worked out for you? Did you get categories to work? Was Akruto support helpful or were they just like everybody else? I want a sync program that works well and has reliable support behind it.

flroots

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Flroot. Could you share how this worked out for you? Did you get categories to work? Was Akruto support helpful or were they just like everybody else? I want a sync program that works well and has reliable support behind it.
Akrutosync fixed the issue with a simple patch to the config.txt file and said the next version will take care of it. Now categories come through on both phones. They do not support contact folders in Outlook, but said that capability will be added in the future. All in all, very happy with their support. They have answered numerous questions; always within 24 hours.

I did learn that a feature I desired is not supported by Akrutosync. I wanted to sync between our two laptops and two phones. Unfortunately, each laptop requires a separate account since it's tied to the IP address of that computer. They did offer some workarounds, but the capability does not exist within Akrutosync itself. I plan to live with that limitation however since in most other respects it meets my needs.

In summary, I found the program to be pretty bare-bones, but what it did offer simply works. For example, I would like to be able to optionally sync 3 ways: PC -> phone, phone -> PC, and PC <-> phone for calendar, contacts, tasks and notes. Also one must install a 3rd party app to add Tasks and Notes. I chose 'Notes & Tasks' which seems to work fine.

uvantu

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I've been looking for a simple to use app for a while to sync my Outlook '07 calendar with my droid calendar. I'm trying gSyncit now and so far seems to work well and easy. If it proves itself I'll upgrade from the free trial ver. Thanks for putting me on to this one.

Wores1982

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I have tried all of these software (akrosync, gsyncit, sync2) and my personal opinion is that sync2 have the best functionality. Yes, in order to have that, you have to pay, but its totally worth it, I am their client for a year now, and I have like 3 license of sync2, and enjoying every day since I have them. I would also like to note, that their customer support it just awesome. Totally recommend it guys :)

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Id recommend EVO Collaborator for Outlook as alternative. Its what iv been using since the service has been suspended in August 2014.
Its basically just an add-in to Outlook.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles