I hav a moto g quad core device and it has android kitkat 4.4 and was wondering what a good a reputable legit overclocking app would be.

also was wondering do you have to root a device to overclock? and is there a good systems monitor utility?
    07-09-2014 04:17 PM
    notworried about the warranty even though the moto g is only 1.2ghz id like to overcdlock it anyhow for heavy multi tasking and performance. im going to get a much faster phone in a month or so and I overclock computers all the time so I don't see the harm in this unless rooting your device opens you up to malware?
    You'll need a kernel that allows you to overclock the CPU to a higher frequency. You can't do it with just root. Rooting itself will only allow you to underclock and change how the phone utilizes the CPU (governor). I use No-Frills CPU Control from the Play Store for my One XL.
    I hav a moto g quad core device and it has android kitkat 4.4 and was wondering what a good a reputable legit overclocking app would be.

also was wondering do you have to root a device to overclock? and is there a good systems monitor utility?
    Youd definitely have to root and loose your warranty in the process. Why do you need to over clock? Do you game alot, moto g should be more than able to do some hardcore gaming from stock, unless you see lagg but then its probably a fault in the game.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    07-09-2014 05:17 PM
    You need to root to over clock. No question about that. Stalemate1 has a good question that I would like to know the answer.

Brought to you by CM11, an M8, and the AC Forums App.
    07-09-2014 05:31 PM
    notworried about the warranty even though the moto g is only 1.2ghz id like to overcdlock it anyhow for heavy multi tasking and performance. im going to get a much faster phone in a month or so and I overclock computers all the time so I don't see the harm in this unless rooting your device opens you up to malware?
    07-09-2014 06:27 PM
    You'll need a kernel that allows you to overclock the CPU to a higher frequency. You can't do it with just root. Rooting itself will only allow you to underclock and change how the phone utilizes the CPU (governor). I use No-Frills CPU Control from the Play Store for my One XL.
    07-09-2014 06:31 PM
    ok and do I need to backup anything or just use the one app I found this article http://www.techgeekal.com/2014/04/10...g-faux-kernel/ but did not understand what it ment by Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk! This installation process assumes that you have either PhilZ or CWM or TWRP Recovery flashed on your Moto G
    07-09-2014 06:39 PM
    ok and do I need to backup anything or just use the one app I found this article http://www.techgeekal.com/2014/04/10...g-faux-kernel/ but did not understand what it ment by Disclaimer : Do It At Your Own Risk! This installation process assumes that you have either PhilZ or CWM or TWRP Recovery flashed on your Moto G
    CWM and TWRP are recoveries. You need to flash them before rooting I believe. You can make a backup in those recoveries.
    07-09-2014 07:00 PM
    does rooting a device effect security? does it open any unwanted malware holes
    07-09-2014 09:28 PM
    does rooting a device effect security? does it open any unwanted malware holes
    No. You can deny any app superuser permissions.
    07-09-2014 09:59 PM
    ok what do I do to start 2.Reboot your device to Custom Recovery or the black screen? also how do yuou flash CWM and TWRP
    07-10-2014 04:04 AM