App Update Question

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Having been an Android user now for 2 weeks I have a question about app updates. When an update for an app that you have installed is released, are you notified automatically or will I have to check on each one of my apps individually.

My personal guess is that when I open the app it will tell me that there is an update, but I would just like to know for sure for future reference.

Thanks in advance.

sharkerbaby

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
you can configure your Market app to notify you that there are updates available. You can also configure the apps to update automatically through their link in the market if you'd like. (I do not use this feature as I like to check the comments before I do an update to ensure the update did not "break" the app in some way)

I'd also suggest you check out appbrain. It makes it incredibly easy to manage your apps via their companion website.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
you can configure your Market app to notify you that there are updates available.

I'd also suggest you check out appbrain. It makes it incredibly easy to manage your apps via their companion website.

Haha I didn't even know that. I just go in the Market>Downloads every day to check updates.

I second appbrain.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
My personal guess is that when I open the app it will tell me that there is an update, but I would just like to know for sure for future reference.
As stated above, the Market can notify you. Just be aware that it's notifications aren't always instant. In other words, if you open the Market app and go to Downloads you might see updates available even though you don't have any notifications.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
After 2 weeks, I had no idea how to get to the section in the market that shows what you had downloaded. Found it today, thanks for the info everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair