Ok, been some threads on Winamp remote control, but now there's a Winamp native Android app and I like it.

Just loaded it up and my initial response is EXCELLENT! This is my choice on my home desktop and I'm glad to see an app for my DX. Play controls are good and simple and it has a nice widget to boot. Haven't tried the sync between my desktop Winamp and the phone app, but that's coming as soon as I can carve out some time.

Anyway, if you like Winamp on your computer, you'll like it on your phone. If you've never tried either, well what are you waiting for, this is a good app for playing your tunes.
    10-21-2010 06:25 AM
    Been using it for all of five minutes now, and I'm LOVING it! Video coming up.
    10-21-2010 08:11 AM
    This is my new music player of choice. The syncing is worthless to me, as I use a portable install of Foobar2000 (installed right to my phone's SD card, where all my music is) as my music player of choice when I'm on my computer. But the widget's great, if a bit on the large side. The controls are great. Grabs album art right from the stock music player (although that meant I had to download Album Art Grabber Free... why did no one tell me how awesome that is?). It scrobbles. It has lock screen controls with album art (although it took me a minute to realize I had to hit back to close the lock screen controls). It's just awesome.
    10-21-2010 08:51 AM
    Anybody with an Evo or other Froyo phone with the "restarting at the beginning after pause" bug know if this unpauses correctly? See this thread for the bug details: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ots-songs.html
    10-22-2010 07:40 AM
    Need some help please!! I have downloaded 5.59 to my laptop, installed the app on my Sprint Hero 2.1 non-rooted, both are linked to the same WIFI. And I am unable to get my phone to sync with my laptop. Yes enable wireless sync is checked on my phone. When I click on devices then click start discovery nothing happens. Any suggestions? Yes I have tried with firewall off. Still no luck.
    Love the app and laptop set up just want to be able to sync over WIFI.
    10-22-2010 01:56 PM
    im in the same spot. winamp discovers droidx but wont attach it. wifi is on, and wireless sync is checked. unrooted, official updates only.
    10-22-2010 04:27 PM
    Have you been able to get it to also find mp3 in internal memory? /mnt/emmc?
    10-22-2010 07:08 PM
    Have you been able to get it to also find mp3 in internal memory? /mnt/emmc?
    What phone? It can't see my internal storage songs, but it can read my sdcard just fine. I had the same problem with doubleTwist. Someone commented that it was a known HTC issue. Can anyone confirm this? This issue is a deal breaker for me because I split up my music and playlists between both storage locations
    10-22-2010 08:07 PM
    Make sure you're not missing the "Allow" notification on your Droid. I missed it the first time.

My issue with Winamp is that I have about 200 gigs of music on my computer. How do I stop Winamp from trying to sync all that into my phone? How do you all with large media libraries handle that? And as far as I can tell, there's no way to remotely sync from your phone just to get a particular song off your computer. You need to choose which songs to sync from the PC.

For now I think my favorite music player is Audiogalaxy because it lets me get at my entire 200 gigs of music wherever I am, picking whatever songs I want to stream from my home computer (assuming its turned on and the desktop Audiogalaxy Helper program is running on it.) When Winamp can stream too, I'll be more interested in it. Especially when it can stream internet radio like the PC Winamp can.
    10-23-2010 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD