Welcome to the LiveProfile forum at Android Central!

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
i have both android and blackberry, i have been looking for a app like this, how exactly with this work with bbm?

wtphoto

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering as well if this ACTUALLY worked with BBM or not. I have a lot of people that still have BB because of the lack of IT support for android. I dont think it can be as BBM is a closed system but it would be amazing if it did.

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Issues

I have had 2 serious issues with Live Profile since it was first released. I get random force closes, and sometimes my messages are never delivered, and I just get a check mark, and never get a "d" saying it is delivered, or it gets delivered much much later. I've tested it, and sent a text message and google talk message instead, and they both worked. It will off and on tell me that the other party is unavailable, and vice versa, although the phones are right next to each other, and data is working fine with all other apps. This was the case, even after tonight's update to 0.0.15a.

LiveProfile

Developer
Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had 2 serious issues with Live Profile since it was first released. I get random force closes, and sometimes my messages are never delivered, and I just get a check mark, and never get a "d" saying it is delivered, or it gets delivered much much later. I've tested it, and sent a text message and google talk message instead, and they both worked. It will off and on tell me that the other party is unavailable, and vice versa, although the phones are right next to each other, and data is working fine with all other apps. This was the case, even after tonight's update to 0.0.15a.

I believe you were the one who e-mailed me. Check your e-mail.

CR4V3

Neighborhood IT Pro
Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm having an issue with people always appearing offline. The only thing that resolves this issue is to Force Close the program and then I'll see who's online and receive messages that were waiting for me. Any fix in the works for this?

LiveProfile

Developer
Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having an issue with people always appearing offline. The only thing that resolves this issue is to Force Close the program and then I'll see who's online and receive messages that were waiting for me. Any fix in the works for this?

Yep it is a known issue we are working to resolve it. Bear with us :)

Reactions: CR4V3

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I posted this in the exchange thread by accident but I sent in my email for an invite, hope I get one soon. Couldn't register on my phone and got an error. Hope to get an invite soon. :)

jay0911

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I just hope this app is release soon because this is so much better than Kik and I want to be able to chat with my iphone and blackberry friends. Keep up the good work guys!! Cant wait till the next update

aamzalag

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, its been a while since we have heard anything from the liveprofile team... can you give us any word on whats going on with the app? Kik is taking a huge leap ahead and its gonna be hard to get our buddies to use liveprofile if they are already set on kik. Please let us know when it will be out for other devices? and when will the features we have been waiting for b unlocked in liveprofile for android?

Thanks so much for a great app anyhow.

chavern browne

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, its been a while since we have heard anything from the liveprofile team... can you give us any word on whats going on with the app? Kik is taking a huge leap ahead and its gonna be hard to get our buddies to use liveprofile if they are already set on kik. Please let us know when it will be out for other devices? and when will the features we have been waiting for b unlocked in liveprofile for android?

Thanks so much for a great app anyhow.

yea definitely agree that its going to be a task prying ppl off of that kik crap, its is DEFINITELY underneath this, but i know these things take time, and i hope it works out in time enough for the luck of kik to wear off, man they got a strange burst f luck.
anywho great APP best of luck !

Last edited:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm liking LiveProfile so far. I wasn't a fan of kik at all and I uninstalled it after having it for like a day.....LOL

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
kik is pretty weak. No profile pics, status updates or file exchange. Idk why people like it so much. I think some people just like an easy name. Lol

LPOXQVBM

Last edited:

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
kik is pretty weak. No profile pics, status updates or file exchange. Idk why people like it so much. I think some people just like an easy name. Lol

LPOXQVBM

That may all be true, but kik is a lot more reliable than Live Profile at the moment....at least for me and my friends. I am hoping Live Profile gets up to par soon though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie