12-02-2010 04:54 PM
67 123
tools
    This is the best music player on android and i used many of them. The only grip i have with this player is no bluetooth controls but i guess they will integrate it in later. This player is well worth the 5 bucks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    11-03-2010 11:31 PM
    This is a great player but I wish it had a better way to organize play lists other then going through the native android system. I am having a problem with playing back music. When I get songs with a good bit of bass in them I get some distortion. I do not get the same when I use the native player or winamp. It happens with or without the EQ turned on but less with the EQ turned off. Anybody have any ideas why this would be. Maybe different audio codecs???
    11-04-2010 07:33 AM
    Using it for a few days and a couple of things I have noticed that I am not thrilled with.

• First, when I plug in my headphones the app starts playing my music automatically from where I left off. This bothers me as I may not want the music to start as soon as I plug in the headphones and I do not want the program running all of the time to monitor when I plug in the headphones.

Second, when it finishes an album it goes automatically to the next album.

I have not seen a way to stop the above behavior so I hope that they correct it when the app upgrades from 1.0.

Over all though I do like the program.

Doc
    11-04-2010 11:59 AM
    Using it for a few days and a couple of things I have noticed that I am not thrilled with.

• First, when I plug in my headphones the app starts playing my music automatically from where I left off. This bothers me as I may not want the music to start as soon as I plug in the headphones and I do not want the program running all of the time to monitor when I plug in the headphones.

Second, when it finishes an album it goes automatically to the next album.

I have not seen a way to stop the above behavior so I hope that they correct it when the app upgrades from 1.0.

Over all though I do like the program.

Doc
    Im pretty sure one if not both have an option in settings. I just changed the auto playback upon inserting headphones.
    11-04-2010 01:14 PM
    Had since the earlier part of the week and loving it and the way down to the EQ
    11-04-2010 02:33 PM
    Need an option to ignore system sounds, and an option for buffering. For some reason ALL mp3 players on my phone "jump", meaning they pause briefly when there is a realtime event (email notification, message, etc). Any way of turning all that off??
    11-04-2010 02:49 PM
    I'm seriously considering moving to PowerAMP from Mixzing (are you listening Peter?). Having an EQ, and a tag editor that works on all my formats, is a big plus.
    11-04-2010 02:50 PM
    It's a solid addition to Android. I've used '3' since day one. But 3 downloads the correct album art and PA does not. I have 7-8 albums with art from Chinese bootlegs or something... If they can fix that and it's less than $3 US, I may switch.
    11-04-2010 03:14 PM
    I think PowerAmp is cool...it actually made me use my evo fro music more...the equalizer settings and tone controls are impressive and it doesnt take volume off of the music at all...It worked without a hitch. Found my music and loaded album art and tag info with no problem. Its a great app and If i ever wanted to switch to my evo full time for music i would definitely purchase it. it beats any other music app and ive tried all of them.
    11-04-2010 03:15 PM
    I just want to see gapless playback but the eq on it is a great feature.

I agree! I cannot believe that any decent player leaves gapless playback out.

Sorry but some artists have alblums that the tracks go right into one another and that is the way it was meant to be heard! How can you listen to music that has a hiccup in the middle of the track change?

I will buy it when they add that.
    11-04-2010 03:38 PM
    i like it a lot too i just wished it had the ability to set what part you want to be your ringtone i find that only the stock player lets you do that and if it had like a 2x2 widget like music mod it would be perfect.
    11-04-2010 06:26 PM
    Im pretty sure one if not both have an option in settings. I just changed the auto playback upon inserting headphones.
    I can also confirm that there is a setting for the first concern.
    11-04-2010 07:21 PM
    has anyone tried this with apple lossless? it claims it plays the format, but i am suspicious...
    11-04-2010 08:43 PM
    Wow, just dl'd from the market. I moved all of my music to my phone (rooted Evo) via doubleTwist, and PowerAMP found it instantly. Everything works great, and is far better than the stock music app. It even beats all of the market replacements I've tried. The preamp and the EQ in general are the selling points for me. Glad this made front page, or I'd have never known what I was missing.
    11-04-2010 11:00 PM
    Considering this is 1.0 product, it pretty much knocks your socks off. I too had been frustrated with the options for music here on my Evo. I did like others have transferred with doubletwist the ran PowerAMP. It located all fine. Then I set it so that it could dl the album art and BAM there it is in in all it's glory. Is it perfect..no. Is it better then what we have had..Yep. Will it get better? I sure hope so.

Now I want to take my Evo to the gym and use it on my workout. So psyched about that.

5.00 is cheap for what this does now and it's future potential.
    11-04-2010 11:11 PM
    The full version is now available in the Market for $4.99.
    11-09-2010 06:12 AM
    I have not paid for it... yet. But I have pretty much decided that I will, and this will be my music player. The widget works great on my car screen, and leaves enough room for two smaller widgets. So far, the auto-start on headphone connect has read my mind perfectly and just starts playing as soon as I dock it in the car. I normally do not like that sort of thing, but I will wait to change it until it gets it wrong .

Worth a try if you are unhappy with your current music player.
    11-09-2010 10:13 AM
    A little high IMO. I am going to wait until it drops a bit.
    11-09-2010 12:29 PM

Yeah, $5 for something that took a lot of time to develop is outrageous! Free is or no sale!

Only kidding ... $5 is no problem at all...

Brian
    11-09-2010 01:31 PM
    $5 isn't bad for this. Especially with all of the audio formats it plays. It's already the best music app out. If he gets the gapless playback working, it will have no peer on the Android platform.
    11-09-2010 02:45 PM
    Funny, I was thinking on my way to work that this app is so great I'd even pay $5 for it. Lo and behold, I see that it's up for $5. If the dev is good about supporting it, then there's no way I'll feel I made a mistake paying for it.

Some things I'd like to see, however:

1. Save EQ presets.
    2. Option to have the back button skip to the beginning of the current track, instead of having to hit back and then forward.
    3. More skins, although that's nitpicky. The ones that come with it look very professional.
    4. GAPLESS!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
    11-09-2010 07:48 PM
    Paid the 5$ the very minute I found this has been updated and optioned.

This app has taken over my phone as #1 audio device player.

I would have paid 9.99 for it, 4.99... in a heartbeat.

Some things are worth paying for.
    11-09-2010 07:50 PM
    I hope the price will drop. I rarely see price drops, unless it is a limited time offer or special promotion rate.
    11-09-2010 09:10 PM
    $5 is a friggin' bargain, this is a great app. If you complain about paying $5 for this, you should probably just stick to free apps with ads.
    11-09-2010 11:36 PM
    I paid the $5 and have no issues doing so. I like to support developers especially when most of the apps are so reasonably priced and the developers tend to make quick updates. I understand some folks think the price is a little high but being a cellphone/smartphone user for many years the Android app prices are substantially lower then a lot of the other platforms.

I think to myself when did I find an app for my computer that I use as much an an Android app for Under $10?
    11-10-2010 05:07 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD