PowerAMP 1.0

limitproof

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Man, I thought WinAmp was impressive, this app is the BEES KNEES, ANKLES, AND CANCKLES!

:)

Ok, I haven't used it extensively yet but immediately right off the bat its FAST, the UI is SLICK, and really performs like a music app should. The EQ alone is off the charts.

Only thing lacking now is a lock-screen widget but it does have a homescreen widget.

In beta know, see demo and get here!

Droid Den - App Of The Moment: Power Amp - Droid Den

jdhas

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's a damn shame it doesn't sort tracks in the library by track number, only by alpha. Sure, the tracks in the folder section are sorted by name, and all of my music files are named <track #> - <Title>, but this functionality should be built into the app.

Looks slick, though.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I've loaded this app to my device, checked (and changed) the folder settings to my music and it still doesn't see my music on the device. I have to go into "folders" manually to select music.

Is this how the app functions or was it just not able to properly load/find my music?

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded the free trial version from the market straight to my Evo and so far it looks great. I don't have my headphones with me so a complete test won't happen until tonight, but the thing I missed most from my music app in Android was the eq feature. So long as this app doesn't lockup or cause the music to pause I think I'll be very happy. Note that I had switched to MixZing a few months ago because it had an eq feature BUT the eq would not work with my music files...

If this pans out I will have NO problem forking over $5 for it!

Brian

joedirt2217

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded it. Looks sweet, but when does it update album art? none of my songs have any album art yet.

Check to see if the setting for download album art only when connected for Wi-Fi is unchecked. If it is checked, it'll only download art when you are using wi-fi.

joedirt2217

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I've loaded this app to my device, checked (and changed) the folder settings to my music and it still doesn't see my music on the device. I have to go into "folders" manually to select music.

Is this how the app functions or was it just not able to properly load/find my music?

Under settings, do you have the correct music folder selected? After making the proper selection, hit scan.

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well I listened to music with PowerAMP for about 3 hours last night and I'm lovin the eq. With MixZing, which also has eq, I could not use the eq with my music files but that's not a problem with PowerAMP.

I'm still learning the UI and am not 100% sold on it yet, but the music playback is probably enough for me to jump ship from MixZing to PowerAMP.\

Brian

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am very impressed with this app..... from the beautiful UI to the EQ and tag editing capabilities, this is top-notch!

BTW I had no problems fetching album art, there are settings to specify whether or not you want album art to download via wifi only or on 3G.... look through those settings, there are a lot of things you can customize in this app!

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
BTW, if you are curious as to what the paid version will cost, the developer has posted in their forum on their website that the cost will be $4.99, and should be available in about a week, at which point the free trial version will no longer work. I would be happy to pay $4.99 for this!!

PowerAMP • View topic - Time limited trial

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded, and so far I am very happy with it. One of the things that bugged me about the stock player is it would lump my Ring tones in with my music. This keeps them separate so I do not have to hear ring tones when I am listening to music. I like all the extra features as well. I will play around with it longer, but most likely I too will purchase.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I really like the music player and has almost taken me away from Mixzing. The only options that are keeping me from making this a permanent music player is that it doesnt show album art that is already in the folder and that when I connect my phone has a disk drive, the player forgets where it left off and I have to restart all over again. These two features in Mixzing will probably make it my default music player unless PowerAmp can implement them in. :cool:

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Works well with wired headphones and bluetooth stereo headphones. In something that is different, when you finish playing one album it goes to the next one automatically. Never had that with any of the other players I used.

Doc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae