I had a D1 but got a free upgrade to D2, and when I opened the gallery to check my pics I noticed that the 3D gallery was gone, replaced by a plain version. No cool 3D animations, no pinch peek, not as intuative, etc.
    Is this plain gallery version a D2 basic, or is it a change from the Froyo OTA?
    To be honest, I do not remember if I still had 3D when I upgraded to Froyo on my D1.

Also, does anyone know where I can get Google's 3D version? I searched the market and found a version by Filkie, but there are many complaints due to poor resolution on zoom with it.
    10-22-2010 04:36 PM
    It's posted in forums in a sticky thread I believe here in the apps section

Sent from my HTC Incredible
    10-22-2010 10:45 PM

Thanks for the reply. I checked the stickies on on the apps, how to, droid and droid2 forums and no luck.
    Can you direct me to where it is? I did try the search function before I posted as well.
    10-23-2010 09:51 AM
    Is this what you are looking for?

3D Gallery - Android app on AppBrain

10-23-2010 10:37 AM
    No, I saw that one on the market which is from Filke wallpapers, not Google. That version does not have pinch peek and from the comments it seems that your pics get very grainy when you zoom.

I am talking about the 3D gallery that was discussed on Android central here:

This version of the gallery was a Froyo update and I had it, but when I exchanged my Droid1 and got a 2 I received a different Froyo version that had a much plainer gallery.
    I am trying to get the original Google Froyo 3D gallery back.
    10-23-2010 01:39 PM

Not sure if this is the one you meant but this one I have been using. Sorry if it's not
    bluelite#AC likes this.
    10-23-2010 02:46 PM
    That's the one, thanks!
    I guess my search fu is weak, cuz I looked and could not find it here.
    Just downloaded it and will be playing around with it.
    I would still love to know why this version was taken out of my Froyo update when I changed over to a D2. I thought this was the standard version now?
    10-23-2010 05:50 PM
    glad it was the right one and that I could help
    10-23-2010 06:54 PM