03-20-2013 11:06 AM
27 12
tools
    I still prefer the stock messaging app, mostly because I don't like the comic book bubbles that the big two, Chomp and Handcent, use. That said, Chomp has a real nice widget, and I wish that there was something like that for the stock messaging app.
    I agree the stock messaging app works great.

Can you provide an AppBrain link? Just did a search for "Crunch" and didn't find anything SMS related.

...What? I'm satisfied with the Stock SMS, but I'm willing to keep my options open.
    its called CrunchSMS on blackberry, ChompSMS on android. Same app developers different platform
    10-28-2010 04:55 PM
    Not saying it happens for everyone. But I had a problem with Handcent receiving picture messages. I would have never known until a girl asked me if I got her picture. Because what it would do is make the notification noise, then try to automatically download the picture, but then when it failed it would go away and if I never watched my phone go through this process it would just make it seem like my phone made the notification sound randomly because there would be no icon or anything to let me know I ever had a new message.

Ive moved to Chomp and never had the problem since. But if ppl send you pic messages I would test it out with a friend to make sure you are receiving them correctly. Cuz like I said I would have never known anything was wrong unless I had someone tell me they were sending me a pic and then watching my phone go through the process of trying to receive it and failing.
    I am having this issue with all messages. Thank you for your post. I am going to try Chomp.
    03-20-2013 11:06 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD