Is anyone else using the Audible App? OMG! I love it.
    10-24-2010 05:47 PM
    Yep.
    10-24-2010 08:29 PM
    So Nice to be able to carry audio books around with me. It's a real treat.
    10-24-2010 10:44 PM
    Definitely one of my favorite apps!
    10-24-2010 10:51 PM
    Agreed.. terrific app.
    10-25-2010 06:47 AM
    I have it. Is there a way to put my downloaded books on the phone and not download them again with the phone? I have most of my books on my PC. I don't want to have to download them via the phone if I don't have to.
    I just didn't see a directory in the Audible folder for downloads specifically.
    10-25-2010 07:00 AM
    I have it. Is there a way to put my downloaded books on the phone and not download them again with the phone? I have most of my books on my PC. I don't want to have to download them via the phone if I don't have to.
    I just didn't see a directory in the Audible folder for downloads specifically.
    Not sure. I was wondering about that, myself. Let me see what I can find out.
    Anyone have any good book suggestions?
    10-25-2010 08:05 AM
    I just updated the app. Now the widget is gone. Any suggestions?
    11-03-2010 08:59 PM
    To add books from your pc to your phone you will need to to transfer them over via data cable.
    11-03-2010 10:01 PM
    To add books from your pc to your phone you will need to to transfer them over via data cable.
    Just add them to the main Audible folder? The only folder in the Audible directory is the book cover image folder.
    11-04-2010 05:26 AM
    2. Can I transfer Audible files from my PC to my Android device? Yes, you can 'side-load' Audible files from your PC and copy them onto the SD Card of your Android device. Simply copy Audible Enhanced format files (these end in .aax) OR Audible Format 4 files (these end in mp332.aa) from your PC and drop them into the [\Audible] folder on the SD Card. Our goal is to make it just as easy, and just as fast, to download an Audible title on your Android handset as a WIFI connected PC. Heads-up Mac users-when you copy a file over from the Mac to an SD Card, a 'shadow' file that starts with ._audiblefilename.aax is also placed in the same directory
    Just add them to the main Audible folder? The only folder in the Audible directory is the book cover image folder.
    11-04-2010 06:16 AM
    Ambling BookPlayer works great as well.
    11-04-2010 11:14 AM
    I think the one thing I would change on Audible is functionality a bit more like BeyondPod...where you can put it in landscape to have a "car friendly" button layout (large buttons for ff, pause and rewind), and allow me to "bypass" the puzzle piece lock thing. I would like to see an option of whether I turn on or off the ability to bypass the lock puzzle piece. When BeyondPod is playing I can press the back button or power button and it takes me directly back into BeyondPod rather than making slide the puzzle piece and THEN taking me to the app.

But not a huge big deal...just a tiny bit distracting in the car which is the primary place I use Audible.

They did a great job on the Android version.
    11-04-2010 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD