When I had a storm I used the RSS reader Viigo 24/7. So I'm wondering if the android has anything close to Viigo? Also I love how you can have widgets like facebook, youtube, and calender on my droid's three homescreens and was wondering if there are any RSS widgets I could put on my homescreen. Thanks!
    12-13-2009 06:38 PM
    if you just need to read RSS, you can use google reader, it's not an app you can download, but a webapp, just point your browser to google.com/reader

works pretty well. for me, but i don't use RSS all that much...for some reason, i'm more of a bookmark and go to the site kind of guy.

maybe someone can chime in with a dedicated app with a widget?
    12-13-2009 06:45 PM
    Check out NewsRob in the Market. Very simple but it works.

I'm about to check out BeyondPod, which is an RSS reader and podcatcher. It's $7 for the registered version, but the 7-day trial version is free, and that's what I'm going to try.
    12-13-2009 06:53 PM
    if you just need to read RSS, you can use google reader, it's not an app you can download, but a webapp, just point your browser to google.com/reader

works pretty well. for me, but i don't use RSS all that much...for some reason, i'm more of a bookmark and go to the site kind of guy.

maybe someone can chime in with a dedicated app with a widget?
    Is that for the phone (droid)? I'm asking for a widget on the phone (droid) not my computer by the way.
    12-13-2009 10:32 PM
    If you go to the google reader web address, they have a mobile UI that works great. It's as good as a application. But it's not a widget. I know Flyscreen app can make your lock screen display your google reader feed. I'm sure there are other widget like readers too.
    12-14-2009 02:12 AM
    I like NewsRob a LOT! It's very similar to the Google Reader, and syncs really well with it!
    12-14-2009 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD