Monkees!!!

greenguppy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi Droiders

Green Guppy here - just joined and posted my introduction. Here is my first go at an Android game: Monkees!!!

Monkees - inspired by the classic QBasic game Gorillas (Nibbles was pretty cool too). Started out as a bit of a fun project for my 2 boys and I - and somehow turned into a fully releasable game - spooky!

Anyhow - throw exploding bananas (and other stuff) at your opponent Monkee in 1 or 2 player matches - dance your victory dance and regain your jungle mojo.

There are 2 versions - a FREE demo version with reduced feature set and a full paid version (very cheap - go buy it - I need the money) with no ads or in-game purchases.

Here is the FREE version link (oops - it may not be up right now as I just altered it and propagation to the store can be a bit slow): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greenguppy.monkees.free

Here's a screen shot:

pvp (Custom).png

And a glorious HD video:

If you are interested it is written in Java on the fabulous libGDX framework.

Thanks for your time

Green Guppy

(Now go buy it - I really need the money :-[ )

greenguppy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Monkees Update

Hi Everyone (again)

A quick update on my game - Monkees.

The FREE version now includes a limited version two player option so you can beat your 9 year old cousin. The single player version against the omnipotent and malevolent RoboMonkee now allows selection of 3 of the 4 levels of intelligence and you can use 3 of the 9 monkee projectiles.

Check it out here: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greenguppy.monkees

I've reduced the price of the paid version so someone will buy it and I can get my kids some shoes for winter* - now only US$0.99 (down from US$2500.00 which is what it is really worth ;) )

Check it out here: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.geepee.game.monkees

Keep having fun.

Remember: An Android a day beats an Apple every-time (Clinical tests by Doctor-type people in white lab coats and carrying clipboards verify this. Correct application of Android also gives you rock-hard abs in 30 days. :eek: )

GG

* Actually my kids don't need shoes but buying them an ice-cream each would be nice.

greenguppy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Monkees Update

Yeah, Gorillas was pretty cool back then - I had many a happy hour fiddling with the trajectory calcs and gravity. Nibbles was also a good QBasic game to play around with. There are still people playing around with QBasic today - there are some pretty impressive games created using it - have a google and check them out.
:D

greenguppy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi snapserve

Thanks for taking a look. Seem to be getting a reasonable number of downloads of the free version across a few stores but haven't actually sold much yet. It would appear that freemium is the expected model these days but this sort of game doesn't really lend itself easily to that and I have an aversion to milking players to get a more enhanced playing experience. Still going to keep pushing it - you never know. :eek:

Maybe my next one will have more success.

Party on.
GG

greenguppy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi again.

Forgot to mention I have altered the free game - unlocked a couple more features and allow 2 player matches now as well as single player. Although there is a short timeout period between 2 player matches to encourage buying the full version.

The chicken projectile has been unleashed - bukuk!!! :D

GG

greenguppy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi Droiders

Been a while since I've been logged in - dealing with issues around fixing our house after 2010/2011 earthquakes here.

Monkees has had to be renamed Monkey Battle after some issues around marketing.

Links to it on Play store here:

Free Version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greenguppy.game.monkeybattlefree

Paid Version:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.greenguppy.game.monkeybattle&token=P4pO_XWn

Demo video:

Got a new game out now - Poodle Jump - completely free quirky version of Doodle Jump - will create a post for it soon.

Cheers
Green Guppy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet