best web broswer. fastest. nicest. smoothest.

Hooligan76

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I have become quite fond of the skyfire browser. Although it is currently in beta, i have not had any issues with it so far and it plays streams from justin.tv and channelsurfing.net on my hero. Those sites and others would not play the stream using the stock browser or dolphin. They would play on the hero using Opera Mini, but lagged or would lose the stream after 10 minutes or so.

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ummm, my stock browser does not have "disable mobile pages download" or whatever in my settings category. And I'm updated to 2.2. Am I missing something?

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Ummm, my stock browser does not have "disable mobile pages download" or whatever in my settings category. And I'm updated to 2.2. Am I missing something?

You should be able to go to settings, and there should be a "Mobile View" right near the top (4th down). Don't know why you wouldn't have it.

mbeezy

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Stock for now. I tried dolphin, liked it but why use the space when stock suits me fine.

Sent from my Evo 4G. using tapatalk

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't have the setting, but its an Epic with 2.1. Using Dolphin HD, love the tabs and the interface.

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I thought dolphin hd was the best but have switched. Opera is faster and lets me view more sites. For example, I use blackboard at school, and Opera is the only one that lets me log in. The stock browser and Dolphin say page not found. I also like skyfire because it plays videos, but I don't like it for general browsing.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Fascinating comparison. So Dolphin is only faster than Firefox. How come it feels faster, then?

Skyfire. Hmmmm. Guess I should look.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I like opera mini version 5.0 not the 5.1 in the market. For some reason 5.1 doesn't load pages right.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hooligan76

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I like what I'm seeing here. As I said, i like skyfire for it's ability to play videos, and now I think i'm going with opera mini to browse. i had opera on my blackberry and it was great. thanks for giving me an idea to dual browse.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Did peek at Skyfire, it's still in Beta and folks with orig Droid 2.2 reporting crashes, so I'll wait. But last night, waiting for election results to refresh was danged aggravating...would have loved to have faster browser.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
For browsing text-based websites or when I just wanna read an article it's opera mini all the way. The compression algorithm they use won't affect the text quality enough for it to matter. If I'm going to a more media rich site or wanna watch a video it's skyfire all the way. I still keep Dolphin as a standby, though, because it always works. Webpages always load without any problems on Dolphin.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey