Looks like it's finally available despite being announced way back in March w/ Tomtom

Navigon MobileNavigator finally hits American Androids, includes augmented reality POI view -- Engadget

I still love NDrive for offline nav, but this looks like another great option...
    10-27-2010 11:36 AM
    Navigon or NDrive? Can't decide.
    10-27-2010 01:21 PM
    Navigon is actually quite good. It was my main navigation app that I used on the iPhone.

On the android, however, the apparently is truly a 1.0 app. It needs to have quite a few bugs worked out.

Thus far I've found:
    - intermittently recalcs the route, but goes blank instead.
    - when connected to a bluetooth a2dp device, audio is fed to the a2dp AND the built in speaker --- it sounds like a stadium announcer with the delay of a2dp. Pretty funny actually.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    10-27-2010 02:54 PM
    I wish they I could actually see the app the market. Its just not sharing up for me. I am using, 2.2

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-28-2010 09:53 AM
    10-28-2010 12:38 PM
    It's cost a lot of money ouch
    10-28-2010 12:59 PM
    We have used a navigon 2100w for some time as our main GPS in the car. I was super excited to see this come out for the android. I want to PLAY with it but there is no trial version. Anyone have any experience with this on an EVO? Mainly curious about the augmented reality part as well as comparison to the NAVIGON stand alone units.
    Wish I could justify the $40 right now but I can not.
    10-28-2010 01:42 PM
    shows up on the market even for my ancient Moto Cliq running Android 1.5...
    Sorry to hear it has bugs. FWIW, NDrive works fairly well for me except it sometimes loses GPS lock for no reason (clear skies driving around on a highway with no trees around)...
    10-28-2010 03:08 PM
    I wish these pricey apps had offered 7-day trials.
    12-01-2010 01:54 PM
    $62 for a 3rd party navigation app! I'll stick with Google maps for free thanks.
    12-02-2010 02:07 AM
    Tougher for Sprint folks, who already have SprintNav (TeleNav) and Google Maps.
    12-02-2010 10:10 PM
    $62 for a 3rd party navigation app! I'll stick with Google maps for free thanks.
    Get in an area w/o cell phone reception and you'll understand...
    12-07-2010 11:14 AM
    Navigon looks good, but still very pricey in my opinion. I've used sygic aura and copilot and I like sygic for its UI and speed limit information while copilot affordable and has more options for customization.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    12-07-2010 05:54 PM
    I agree with the earlier comments. This is a 1.0 release at best. I also own the iphone version and it is superior. There is no multitasking in the android version. Call comes in, navigation is interrupted and relaunches after the call. Continually recalculates the route - it mentions due to traffic, but there are no traffic issues.

One other annoyance - I have noticed bad routing choices regularly. Matter of fact, it generates different routes than the iphone version of their software. Very perplexing.

On a droid x, the display is smaller than one would expect. The android status bar is always visible, it should be hidden until an alert comes in. Also at the bottom of the screen there is a big black bar that has a choice of the name of the street you are on or the name of the street you will be making your next turn. The bar is too thick and eliminates valuable screen real estate.

To summarize, has value but needs a lot more work.
    12-08-2010 07:56 PM
    I wish these pricey apps had offered 7-day trials.
    I completely agree! I loved Telenav, and they offer a free 30 day trial. It shows a confidence in their product.
    12-11-2010 03:23 PM
    I completely agree! I loved Telenav, and they offer a free 30 day trial. It shows a confidence in their product.
    I just downloaded the Telenav to try on a trip. It has some good reviews.

-------------------
    LG Optimus M
    12-13-2010 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD