Hey AndroidCentral, I was wondering if there was a program that allowed for one homescreen instead of seven. Seven is a little excessive. The screen on the EVO isnt small so there is alot of room for real estate. I just want one. Any one of anything... hit me with itttttttt
    10-27-2010 03:46 PM
    LauncherPro or ADW.Launcher both allow you to cut down to 1 home screen... but why would you want to? I need 5 screens for all my widgets.
    10-27-2010 04:04 PM
    Just don't use the other 6? LOL. I use them all.
    10-27-2010 08:13 PM
    Really? Uhm..... Why?
    10-27-2010 09:03 PM
    Like Joe says, ADW or Launcher Pro will allow you to do this, possibly other launchers as well. You do not need to be rooted to use other launchers.

I'm also a bit surprised you don't need the others, though. 4x4 squares isn't that much. I use all seven, but then again I do have a lot of games and apps and, well... I like my huge widgets. :P
    10-28-2010 04:19 AM
    I just deleted the other 6 screens (I'm on a Galaxy s with Touch Wiz).

Really, the number of apps that I use frequently fits easily on one page. For everything else that I use less frequently, I just click the apps button and select if from the list. That's quicker than scrolling over 3 screens to find it.

Part of the reason that I can manage this, though, is that I never have seen the logic in having an additional clock widget or a weather widget on my screen. If I need to know the time, I look in the upper corner. If I need to know the weather, I launch an app.
    10-28-2010 08:19 AM
    Part of the reason that I can manage this, though, is that I never have seen the logic in having an additional clock widget or a weather widget on my screen. If I need to know the time, I look in the upper corner. If I need to know the weather, I launch an app.
    I'll agree that clock widgets are a little silly. (Why would you hide the notification bar by default?) But the point of widgets is so you don't have to launch an additional app to get simple information like the weather or your agenda or what the people you follow on Twitter are saying. And hell, I'd go nutty without a widget to control whatever music player has caught my fancy at the moment or without even the stock Android power control widget.
    10-28-2010 10:57 AM
    I reduced down to one home screen with Launcher Pro as well. With the scrolling dock buttons in particular, I just don't need (or want) the clutter of widgets all over the place. I don't find they save any time over an app, and widgets that act as front-ends for apps make even less sense to have around IMO.

I am considering custom ROMs now just to slim the application list for when I do need to go into it to find something else, but with space for 5 widgets with Launcher Pro on the "dock" (and more dock buttons available with a swipe), and swipeable alternates that I can assign... I may as well have some pretty wallpaper that I can actually SEE, instead of a picture that is covered with zillions of shortcuts and widgets.

I have always been a minimalist on my computer screens, so no surprise for me personally .
    10-28-2010 12:20 PM
    LauncherPro or ADW.Launcher both allow you to cut down to 1 home screen... but why would you want to? I need 5 screens for all my widgets.
    What do you widgets have to do with the number of screens that the OP uses? Are you keeping you widgets on his screen? I really don't get why people never seem to understand that others may use their devices differently.
    csierra72 likes this.
    10-28-2010 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD